Chapter 12 - Fixer Upper

Start from the beginning

"Doing okay..." Tuffnut replied as Hiccup sighed.

"The Prince and Princess? They were safe, right?" Ada asked and Ruffnut nodded.

"They were fine...others...not so much..." She looked at the Chief. "Hamish thinks it will take a lot to rebuild the trust of his people."

"But he'll do it. Hamish is a great King..." Ada replied. "Karolina won't let this go..."

Ruffnut continued. "But, we'll be ready if she attacks again."

Hiccup nodded. "And if she does, I won't be a gentleman this time."

Heather and Eret descended the stairs, holding hands as their dragons followed them.

"Good morning..." Astrid said sarcastically to them as they joined them at the Chief's table. "Sleep well?" Astrid teased as Ada snickered.

"Be realistic. They didn't do a lot of sleeping..."

The riders laughed as Eret and Heather blushed, but soon chuckled along.

"We're happy for you..." Hiccup replied. "You two are perfect for each other..."

"Thank you. We're the happiest we've ever been which says a lot," Heather swooned as Eret smiled at her.

"How's Donan?" He asked, looking at the twins.

"Fine...for now..." Ruff replied.

Tuff mumbled. "Karolina will be back and she will be back for revenge."

"Don't remind me..." Eret muttered and looked at Heather. "We didn't actually go about things the most honest way..."

Hiccup sighed. "Which we need to talk about..." He said and they all looked at him. "You two did have an affair. As neither of you were married, Berkian law isn't as strict, although it does say I should sentence you both to 14 days of hard labour..."

"We're Vikings..." Tuffnut replied. "Every day is hard labour..."

"However...while Berkian law doesn't see it as a major crime, other tribes do. I can defend you guys and I will defend you guys, but if the other tribes found out..." Hiccup sighed. "There is no telling what they will do..."

Heather scoffed. "Viking men are not the most honest or faithful people when it comes to relationships? And it is usually very sexist towards women!" She cried. "The Cannibalistic tribes last chief had three wives and six mistresses, and nobody batted an eye! But one of his neglected wives begun a relationship with one of the guardsmen, he condemned her to death through hanging and the poor guard was thrown into a geyser!" Heather snapped.

"She has a point..." Astrid said. "Look at what happened to my parents? And me when you exiled me?"
"Do you really have to keep bringing that up?" Hiccup grimaced as Astrid stuck her tongue out at him.

"If Karolina comes back, she will go after both of us..." Eret said, looking at Heather as she took his hand.

Ada frowned. "Which is the most ridiculous thing ever because she actually got married. You two had sex..."

"Constantly..." Ruffnut added.

"In different countries..." Tuffnut continued.

"Really?" Eret frowned at them as they shrugged their shoulders. Eret exhaled deeply. "When she comes back...for whatever reason, we'll be ready. But right, there are more important things to worry about. Heather and I have decided to stay on Berk...for now, so we would like to resume our positions? Myself as the head of the Berkian trade?" He looked at the Chief and Hiccup nodded.