Chapter 1 - Welcome to Berk

Start from the beginning

"If I see it here again...I will make sure I do not miss with the fork..." She threatened as Ruffnut snickered. "You too, missy!"

"Me? What did I do?" Ruffnut cried, just as their Dad walked in from the back.

"I need to borrow your dragon..." He held up a charred piece of wood, embers on the end of it.

"Why?" Ruffnut asked and he sighed.

"We need to get wood from one of the Northern Islands...as a wild dragon decided to go on a night rampage..." He said and Tuffnut nodded.

"Okay...but we'll need them by this evening and Barf and Belch require two riders..."

"Fine!" He placed the slightly lit wood on the kitchen counter.
"Dad no!" The twins cried, but it was too late as an explosion rang out from the Thorston house, alerting Fishlegs and Snotlout who jumped at the noise.

"What was that? Fishlegs asked as he and Meatlug made their way to the Thorston house.

The door opened and the twins stepped out, covered in soot and coughing.

"What happened?" Snotlout snickered as Ruffnut shook her head.

"Don't ask..." She punched Tuffnut in the ribs and he yelped, falling to the ground.

"What was that for?" He moaned as he hugged his stomach.

"You put the gel in there..." She pointed out and he nodded in agreement.

"Well...when you guys are done...are we going today or not?" Snotlout asked, with his arms crossed and Tuffnut nodded as he coughed, standing up.

"Oh yeah! Dad!" He called, Mr Thorston came out, covered in soot, similar to his children. "We need Barf and Belch for a while."

"But you just said I can use him...them...it..." He didn't know how to address the double headed Hideous Zippleback.

"We'll give him to you...we promise...it's just we have something to do..." Ruffnut said and he nodded.

"Fine..." He walked back in side. "You two are cleaning this up!" He called from inside.

"Tell Ruffnut...it's her job!" His arm was twisted behind his back and he was kicked to the ground. "But there again...we are twins...so whatever she does...I can do too..." Tuffnut replied quickly, looking at his sister, the one who was torturing him. "Please don't kill me..." He pleaded and she pushed him to the ground.

"I'm...going to get changed..." She walked back inside.

"We'll see you guys in a few minutes..." Tuffnut assured Snotlout and Fishlegs who looked at each other, confused.

"We'll be in the castle...eating..." Fishlegs called as they made their way to the Great Hall of the Kastalinn Dreka.

***

The early morning sun crept in through the slightly open shutters of the bedroom. The chief squinted as the light hit his eyes, stretching before sitting up slowly.

He yawned, the caws of a dragon outside as he heard chatter from the plaza outside.

Another day.

He turned to his left, his beautiful wife still asleep. He leaned over her, stroking her blonde hair, before planting a kiss on her skin.

His prickly stubble caused her to flinch and her blue eyes opened, a smile on her lips.

"Good morning..." Astrid mumbled as she took Hiccup's face and kissed him.