Chapter Four

Nellie had one of those nights that she missed the most. Last night, they had gone to bed leaving Damon unconscious in the living room. He crept into their bedroom later that night when he regained consciousness. 

She woke up to him beside her. She smiled so big, it reached her eyes. Damon was snoring, lying on his stomach, hairs ruffled. He had Nellie chained to bed with his arms.

Nellie touched his hair tips that woke him up. Half opening his eyes, he mumbled,
'Morning, beautiful.' And rolled over to his back.
Nellie kept smiling, her eyes sparkling.
'You found your way last night.'
He grinned,' I missed you.'
She moved in closer to his chest and lay there under the covers.
'Ahm', someone spoke from the outside.
Damon peeked his head over the covers and was startled.
Seeing his expression, she moved away from him and sat on the bad. Damon wasn't wearing any shirt. He never did when he slept. She thankfully always wore one.
Elena was as struck seeing Damon, as Damon was, seeing her.
Stefan followed behind.
'Sorry, I thought this was Stefan's room.' She murmured and starting walking backwards unaware of Stefan's presence, collided with him.

'Hello', she mumbled, blushing.

'Hello, Elena, this is my brother Damon'.

Elena smiled and waved at Damon who hasn't recovered yet to move.

'Come on, let's go downstairs'. Stefan motioned Elena and they both went. Once they were out, Nellie sighed and went under the covers. She lay there until Damon was out of the room too. Once the coast was clear, she finally emerged from under the bed; this was the moment she had been dreading. Fate was challenging her again. Same girl, all these years later, came and ruin her what seemed to be the start of a happy life. She wore one of Damon's shirt and went downstairs.

'I am sorry, I didn't mean to intrude'. Elena babbled to Damon. It was hard to speak being so close to Damon. His beauty was mesmerizing. She could feel falling into his deep blue eyes and he was doing nothing to stop her. Stefan was sitting still just staring at them. She could feel his eyes on her side. Her cheeks started giving her away and she felt guilty for doing this to Stefan. Just then Nellie joined them.

Elena was apologizing to Damon, when Nellie entered. They were standing face to face, staring into each other gazes.

'Where's Stefan?' Nellie asked loudly.
'Here'. He raised a hand from behind them.
'Did you check the cellar? She's missing'.

Plain horror struck Stefan's face. He had gone there before bumping into Elena. Elena was sensing the uneasiness spreading through the air,' Can we go, Stefan?'

Not even looking at her, he replied,' I have to do something with Nellie'.

'Look's like they are busy, it's just you and me. What do we say, we bond?' Damon suggested towards Elena.

She glanced a look at Stefan and nodded in agreement. They were about to head out when he stopped, turned backwards, ' Wait, where Caroline is? She came here last night, right?'
Before either Stefan or Nellie could reform a reply, Damon blurted, 'Your blond friend, right? She's here, sleeping. Was seriously hangover last night?

Elena seemed relaxed, nodded and left with Damon.

'I hate her by the second'. Nellie pronounced after they were gone.

'Caroline's not in the cellar'.

'What?'

'I don't know. I went to check on her but she wasn't there and the lock was open.'

'Damon!' she said aloud. It was his retaliation on Stefan.

'On the bright side, the sun is up. We will have a whole day to find her.'

'I have a whole day to find her. You have a match and its practice to be at.' Nellie reminded him.

'Yeah. Well, call me if anything happens.'

She nodded and they both left the house together in different directions.

She had seen the look Elena had given Damon and she looked exactly like Katherine, this was too much. All this was happening again to her. Déjà vu. Their picture together kept popping in her mind. It wasn't the work of her imagination rather it was exactly something she had seen all those decades earlier.

Before they had separated and became vampires, they were married for 3 years. They met as kids and soon fell in love. She was his and he belonged to her. Nothing could separate them. Not families or friends until one day she moved in. Katherine Pierce.

She stumbled upon their doorsteps and Giuseppe found a soft spot for her. Katherine Pierce moved in and appeared to be keen on Stefan but soon after she became interested in Damon. She was incredibly beautiful and had womanly manners and charms. Damon soon found himself drawn to her and Stefan did too and thus came the downfall of them all.

Stefan's head won't in the game. It kept on wandering back to Damon and Elena. He had not the time yet to think about the possibility of Katherine and Elena being the same. Elena was decent, warm, kind everything that Katherine was absolutely not. It had taken him years to forget her, forget what she did to her because he had loved in a way that no one could ever imagine. So had Damon. He and Nellie were still struggling of their cheating on each other and now Elena with the same face.
He wasn't going to give her up. Elena. He needed her in his life. He would not lose her even if he had to fight Damon.

He off course loved Nellie, everything about her was different, he wasn't like any girls but at the same time she was too difficult to understand. Katherine showed him all the beautiful women are supposed to do, Nellie knew none of them.

Sitting here with Elena reminded her of Katherine. Damon was so lost in his thoughts that he was unaware of the distance being flocked between him and Elena. There was face were touching and suddenly they were kissing. Intimately. A horn yanked from behind them, tearing them apart, her car. And yanked them both to their realities.

il%P7