34

"E maybe you should calm down and go to the room. Doesn't that sound like a good idea." Jocelyn nods at her own suggestion. The group had followed me all they way down here.

"No. I need to talk to him." I continue walking to his room. 

"I knew we should have waited until we got home." Will groans.

I stop for a second and turn around. "Do you really think it would make a difference? I would still blow up even if this was at home." I finish talking and start to walk again.

Finally I reached the door. I heavenly knock my fist against the brown wood and wait for the door to open.The door swings open and Cassie stands in the doorway. She rubs her eyes and then smiles at me.

"Em! What brings you guys down here." She looks behind me and waves at my friends.

"I need to talk to my dad. Where is he." I ask as politely as I can. I didn't want to take my anger out on her.

"Oh, he's in the office back there. He'll probably kick you out as soon as you walk in there. You can try and talk to him." She sighs and moves out of the way.

I scoff, of course he would be working the day right after his wedding. I'm sure his wife wants to spend time with him. "Pathetic." I whisper. Such a pathetic man.

Instead of knocking I just push the door open. My dad is sitting at a desk with a stack of papers in his hands. Now I know why he was so persistent on having this suite. It was like a mini apartment.

"Oh, Emmie. I can't talk right now-" he looks at me and then points at the door.

"How could you!" I yell. He looks at me with a confused expression.

"I don't know what you are talking about? Please clarify?" He leans back in his chair.

"You bribed him into leaving. You made him break up with me!"

"Look Emmie, it was for the best. He didn't deserve you."

"What makes you think that,"I question. "I don't think that's something you get to decide. I do."

"He is a low life delinquent who-"

"You're just saying that because he used to work for you. That was the past. He's changed, you know about him trying to get his brother back."

"Yes and I helped him with that." He shrugs trying to make things seem light.

"No you sent him away. You gave him enough to go but you didn't give him enough to come back. He's gone."

"Exactly he is gone. Now I suggest you move on. Beside you won't remember him when you are attending your writing school that I will be paying for."

"I don't want you to pay for it. I don't need your help or your money." I spat.

"You can't make it to that school by yourself." He laughs.

"Watch me."

"You are such a brat. You don't appreciate what I have done for you. I just made your life so much better!"He laughs again.

I sigh and look down as the tears brim my eyes. "Did it ever occur to you that I loved him. I love him so damn much and you took him away from me."

"You are too young to understand love. Did you not learn anything from your relationship with Marco. You thought you knew what love is but you actually didn't." He says with all seriousness.

"You're wrong. However, you want to know what I understand completely. Hate," He looks at me blankly.

"I hate you." After saying those words, I walked out of the room not looking back at all. I try to stop the tears that ran down my face but they wouldn't.

-Jocelyn-

We couldn't hear much through the thick wood door. However, I did catch the last thing that E said. My heart hurts for her. I hate seeing my best friend like this.

We hear the door begin to open. We all quickly move out of the way. E comes out with red puffy eyes. She starts to run out of the room.  On her way out she slammed the door shut.

"Is everything okay?" I turn to Cassie who looked worried.

"I don't think so. I think things just got a little worse than they were before." I sigh.

"Oh god, he must of said something," Cassie sighs. "Why don't you all go get ready for our flight home later. I'm going to go talk to him." She walks into the room

"I'll go fine E, you guys go get packed up." Everyone nods and makes there way out of the room.

I looked in our room and up on the roof. E wasn't at any of those places. I hope she didn't leave the hotel. I won't know where to look, I have never been to Denver so I don't know where anything is.

I kept looking around the hotel. I was about to give up when I saw a figure with dirty blonde hair in the pool room. I sigh in relief and quietly walk into the room.

I was right, it was E. She was drawing shapes with her hand in the water. I place my hand on her shoulder.

"Are you okay E?" I ask softly. She doesn't say a word, she just shakes her head.

"Joc, is Noah ever coming back?"She turns and looks at me. Her eyes are red and puffy and she continuously sniffs.

"I don't know. I can't answer that. But we can all hope." She nods and looks back at the water. She stands up and looks at me with a hurt expression. I quickly open my arms and she collapses into them. I hug her tightly trying to calm her down.

"Since I moved nothing seems to be going right." She says in between sobs.

"Hey, something did go right. You met a beautiful group of friends who love and care for you. I know we aren't perfect but we will always be your best friends." I say.

"Thank you." She pulls away and wipes under her eyes. "Joc, thank you for not only being my best friend, but for being my sister." She finally smiles. I smile as well.

"Thank you for being my sister too."

"Now come on. We got a flight to catch in about two hours. I say we get food before we go?" Em nods and we head back to our room.