Chapter 17. The Chunin Exam: 5

Recap

"Who the hell are you?" Sasuke yelled.

I turned around to face the guy who miraculously survived the fire.

His face was burned off. And beneath the skin... 

Was more skin. Another face. And a different one.

Pale skin, eyes like snakes. Slits. Eyes that I would never forget.

I did recognize his evil presence.

This was the man that destroyed my life and took away the two people closest to me.

This was the man that killed my parents.

************

Chapter 17. The Chunin Exam: 5

"Who am I? My name is Orochimaru. Yes, I see you recognize me Maki.... If you want to see my again, you will have to surivive and pass this exam."

Why the hell would we want to see him again?

One of my teammates, I think it was Sakura, voiced my  thoughts. I couldn't tell, I was paralyzed in fear.

Orochimaru made a handsign, and unexpectantly, his head shot out.

This was going in slow motion for me, and I couldn't just stand there and do nothing. 

I had to do something. But I couldn't. Memories from the past came rushing back.

My parents laying in their own blood.

2 members of the akatsuki, One of them being orochimaru.

The fear of being killed.

No. I will not stand here and let my teammate get hurt. I had to do something fast. But what cancels out fear?

...Pain. Pain cancels out fear. I would be able to move if only I could get to my kunai..

I saw Orochimaru's head aim for Sasuke.

If only I could... There.

I stabbed my arm, not worried about the blood gushing out. Right now I just had to worry about Sasuke.

I ran at the speed of lightning (Thanks for that Kakashi xD) and blocked Orochimaru's attack on Sasuke. What I didn't see was the teeth.

His teeth sank into my neck and I screamed in pain. It was just a bite, so I don't understand why It hurt so badly.

Orochimaru's head retreated. "Maki, Maki. Will you never learn? Well, I do suppose you could be usefu-"

I blacked out for a second.

Flashback

The two akatsuki members caught sight of me and chatted amongst themselves for a mere few seconds.

"What about the girl?"

"We can't just leave her here. She'll talk"

"About what? All of us are already S-rank criminals."

"Right. Good point."

If i weren't in my enemy's hands, i just might have rolled my eyes at the guy's stupidity.

"Just leave her. She might come in handy later."

flashback over.

I was back in reality the next second, staring at Orochimaru who had just finished his sentence. Him saying that I could be useful must have triggered that flashback..

He started to speak again. "However, I still want the Uchiha-"

I growled, Getting serious. "There is no way in hell that i'm letting you touch my friend, you bastard."

He laughed. "You think you can stop me, child? Go ahead and try. You should be out in a minute. The pain will be too much to bear. Who's to say that you will even survive the curse mark?"

The curse mark. So that's what he was doing when he bit me.

I smirked. "Watch me."

Yeah, the curse mark burned like hell. My whole body felt like it was slowly roasting over a fire, as the heat and intensity increased. Then it felt like a million kunai had lodged it's way into my body and so on.

But I won't let a baka like Orochimaru hurt my friends. 

The curse mark was intended for Sasuke. Which means Orochimaru will have another go at him.

But I won't let him. I will die before it happens.

I promise. To myself. To Sasuke. 

I ran towards Orochimaru,  gritting my teeth and sucking up the stupid pain.

Making the handsigns, I whispered, "Chidori!"

The sizzling chakra gathered up in my hand, creating the sound of a million chirping birds.

That's right guys, I had finally aquired the speed to use the chidori in an effective way.

Before He could even see me coming, I was in front of him, my chidori through his chest.

He looked startled. "How... how can you move like that? You shouldn't be conscious, you should barely be alive.."

He recomposed his facial features.

"As you wish child, I will leave you and your team alone.. for now. But I won't give up. Expect another visit from me soon.. Sasuke. Oh, and have fun with my sound ninja. They're quite eager to fight you." 

He disappeared in the forest and I could finally breathe again.

And I let out a bloodcurdling scream.

I fell to my knees holding my neck as Sasuke rushed over to me. Sakura was getting Naruto.

"Maki, what's wrong? You baka! You shouldn't have stepped in front of me like that." He growled.

I grunted with pain in response.

"This pain... ahhhhhhhhhh!" I yelled. 

Somehow I just couldn't hold back my emotions now. Now that I knew my team was safe. 

I guess the adrenaline was gone.

The pain spread throughout my whole body and sobs wracked up my body.

"Maki, there's ... there's a mark on your neck!" Sasuke said hesitantly.

"Curse .. mark" Was all I could manage in a whisper before I finally let the darkness grab a hold on me.

A/N- howdy guys! I've been up all night  .-. not looking forward to my game today, i'm going to fall asleep on the field.  But anyways, I really hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Leave a comment, vote, follow. Bye!

Hey gaara119, update sooooon! <3