Chapter 4. Grounded

Chapter 4. Grounded

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I am strapped to a hospital bed for the next 3 weeks i'll be in here. No visitors but my AMAZING uncle, kakashi (note sarcasm.) who comes in just to drive me crazy and to lecture me for hours.

*2 and a half weeks later**

Yes! only 3 more days in hell, then i'll be freeeeeeeeeee! Kakashi hasn't been in to visit in 2 days. And naruto sneaks in through the window sometimes. See, this is why it's good to train as a ninja. So you can sneak into people's hospital room's when their evil uncles' ground them when they're already bedridden in a hospital for weeks!

"PSSSST, MAKI, IS KAKASHI IN  THEIR?" Naruto whispered, not so quietly. I rolled my eyes. He'd be caught if Kakashi was here. "No Naruto, now get in here, i'm bored." 

I wiggled under my restraining ropes.

Naruto laughed at my struggle but shut up when i glared at him.

"So, when do we get assigned our sensei's?" I asked. 

Once we graduate from the academy, we become genin, also known as the apprentices. We are assigned sensei's to guide us into becoming good ninjas, as well as two teammates.

"uhhh, i think.. tomorrow?" Naruto said.

"What?! but i won't be out of the hospital by then!" What, can you blame a girl for her curiosity.

"Sorry Maki, but i don't think you'll be able to get out of the hospital by tomorrow... unless.." He said hesitantly.

"Unless what?" I asked impatiently.

"Well.. You're uncle could get you out of the hospital."

I thought about it for a second. Kakashi could get me out of the hospital if he wanted to.

And on top of that, i was perfectly alright.

i have an idea.

"I have an idea, thanks Naruto, you're the best! Now get out! If Kakashi found you in here, it'd ruin the plan!" 

"Right!" He hopped out the window, and i heard a large crash.

He'll be fine! Now, about that plan...

*3 hours later

The door opened, and i found myself looking at my uncle.

"Finally Kakashi! I've been bored to death, where've you been?!" 

He looked momentarily startled, which was a big thing because if i had learned one thing about kakashi, it's that he never lets his guard down.

Basically, my plan was already working.

"Uh.."

"Okay, so i've had a lot of time to think, being alone for weeks and what not. and i just wanted to say.. i'm sorry for always disrespecting you. It's not right, you're my uncle so i should give you more respect for taking me in and not treating me like shit. uh , i mean crap." i corrected myself when he gave me 'the look' for my language.

Sure enough he looked confused.

I practically had to force the words out of my mouth, but hey, i'm an s-rank liar.

".. what do you want?" Kakashi asked.

My smile dropped. so the plan didn't work. Oh well, time for plan B.

"Okay, here's the deal. If you get me out of the hospital tonight, I'll TRY to be more respectful and what not."

That should work.

"Fine.."

YES!

"On two conditions." 

A little less happy, but i'll take it.

"One, you can't always avoid me. At least give me a chance."

"Fine, what's the second condition?" I asked.

"Well... Naruto unintentionally mentioned a couple of weeks ago, something about your past..."

I sighed. I knew this would come up eventually.

"Yeah, what do you want to know?" I asked bluntly.

"Everything."

Wow okay. Sure why not, it's not going to harm me, him knowing. 

"Well, i never really like to talk about it but sure. I was born isolated from the rest of the world. Mom, dad and me lived in a forest. Dad started training me when i was 2. I have wind, lightning and water chakra types. So i know some jutsu ranging from d-s related to those chakra types. I know sealing jutsu, medical jutsu and forbidden jutsu like the shadow clone jutsu. Dad said i had an unusually large amount of chakra, so i shouldn't waste the opportunity to train and make myself better. 

When i was nine, i was out running, when i got back home i found my parents in their room, dead. it was a group called the akatsuki. Their main goal is world domination, dad taught me about them. One of the guys threatened to kill me, the other guy stopped him. He said that i might be useful later or something. I don't know what they did, but i blacked out and the next thing i know, i'm in a hospital room with you and the third hokage. So yeah, that's my story now get me out of here!" 

I told him my story calmly, making sure that he didn't get a read of my emotions. It' would be way too embarrassing if he saw how my past really affected me. i didn't want him to know my desire for vengeance, or how broken i was at the sight of my dead parents.

i never cried then. and i wasn't planning on crying about it now. A true shinobi never lets his emotins get the best of him. And i sure as hell won't.

*Kakashi's P.O.V

Maki told me her story calmly, and i don't understand how. Any other child of her age would have broken down, but i could see that she was keeping it all in. She may have been desperately trying to hide it, but i could see it all. She was affected by her past more than she let anyone know. She had a desire for vengeance. who wouldn't? and most of all. She was torn and broken on the inside, but she won't admit it to any one. not even herself.

What kind of Uncle am i? I can't even take care of my own neice. And she's only a kid. Maybe i should have tried harder. All i did was lecture her when she got into trouble. I was too reckless to see that she was doing that whole 'attitude' thing on purpose. I should have held .. an intervention or something. That is what parents do, right?

Guess i'll just have to start out with the simplest gesture. No matter how awkward this is...

*Maki's P.O.V

Kakashi leaned in. WOAH WOAH WOAH, WHAT IS HE DOING?

 The next thing i know, i'm engulfed in a hug. Well this was just awkward.

but at the same time it kind of felt...nice. Maybe i could just.. give in for once. Just once. It's not like it'll make me weak. It's just a hug. Just a little bit of comfort. Comfort makes a person stronger not weaker. Ok ok, just this once, I said in my mind, knowing that i was lieing to myself about the 'Just this once' part.

I hugged my uncle back. He seemed surprised that i was actually hugging him back, but i was expecting it this time. Even i was surprised with myself.

Maybe just maybe, i could try to get along with him...

HEY GUYS! SO THAT WAS THE 4TH CHAPTER! HOW'D YOU LIKE IT? SO I STILL CAN'T DECIDE WHETHER I SHOULD WRITE ROMANCE BETWEEN SASUKE AND MAKI OR NARUTO AND MAKI. AHH, A LITTLE BIT OF HELP HERE LOL. 

VOTE, COMMENT, LIKE, ETC! 

enjoy summer!

i'll definately be writing more often since it's summer break!