Chapter Two. The Academy & The Final Exam

Chapter 2. The Academy & The Final Exam

“You too! What have you done? You guys aren’t going to get away with this anymore!!” Two chunnin were chasing Naruto and I through the village. We laughed maniacally, increasing our speed. Pshh, like we ever really got away with anything.

We’d just finished re-decorating all of the Hokage statues’ faces. We’re pro like that.

After I got out of the hospital, I told Kakashi that  I was going to live with Naruto, but he wouldn’t let me live with anyone else, insisting that it was his duty to take care of me. Our relationship is still kind of awkward, My attitude and his calmness infuriating me.

It’s been two years. Naruto and I are the best of friends. Kakashi tries his best to interact with me, I do my best to stay out of his way. That doesn’t really help though. See, I’m constantly getting into trouble with Naruto, and Kakashi Uncle’s great at the discipline part of parenting. He’s got the lectures down and everything.

First he’ll find me wherever I am, then tie me down and lecture me till I just about go insane. Naruto is so lucky, he doesn’t have anybody to tell him what to do, but whenever I mention something along those lines, he’ll look all sad and stuff. So I just stop bringing it up.

My day’s since I got to Konoha have consisted of my regular morning routines ( Yeah, I still stay in shape and practice all my jutsu. I’ve gotten A LOT better at my water dragon jutsu. Almost perfection. I go for runs with a weighted back pack, do my push-ups and all my exercises before dawn.

Then I go to the academy with Naruto. I’ve made a bunch of other friends there. Kiba (Akamaru is so cute!), Shikamaru (lazy but intelligent), Choji (Who is way too kind for his own good), Hinata (Who has the cutest crush on Naruto!) and  I even talk to Sasuke. He was a hard one to get to know though. We’re not really friends, He’s more of a rival if anything. But we have respect for each other.

Flashback: Maki’s first day at the academy.

“Naruto, I’m kind of nervous.” I said shyly. Normally I’m not a shy person, but I have a feeling that if I make enemies in the academy, I’ll have those enemies for life.

“Come on Maki! You’ll be fine, Believe it!”

I laughed at his stupid phrase. Ok Maki, you can do this. I thought, prep talking myself.

I walked into the room with Naruto and took a seat right next to him. On the other side of him was a kid with a serious look on his face. He had black hair and his eyes..

They were eyes of an avenger.

Flashback over.

Third Person P.O.V.

“Hokage-sama!”

“Third, we have an emergency!”

The two chunnin cried out.

“What?!” The third hokage replied, busy with his painting.

“What is it? And do not tell me it’s those two again.”

“But they vandalized the stone faces of all the hokage!”

The hokage shook his head muttering.

“Those two..”

Back to Maki’s P.O.V.

“Hahaha we were totally ninja!” I whispered to Naruto as the two chunnin ran past us. We had camouflaged ourselves with the fence.