Chapter 13. The Chunnin Exams: 1

 The next morning I could barely move my body. You know why? Because Kakashi Uncle put the weights back on my ankles when I was sleeping. And under lock and key so I couldn't take them off. 

After a few minutes of getting used to them, I could walk and run a little, surprisingly. I guess yesterday did the trick. The soreness had faded and replaced my old weak(er) muscles with stronger muscles that could handle these weights. 

"Maki, How're you doing today?" Asked Uncle Kakashi in the kitchen while I was making some eggs and bacon for myself."

"Um, a tiny bit sore, but I can handle the weights pretty well today. I think I can give you a 10 on the track in the evening if you want."

He chuckled. "I made the weights a bit lighter for a reason. I still want you to wear them, but I recommended you guys to take the chunnin exams, and I don't want you jeopardizing the chance to become a chunnin because of training weights. Even though I know that you're already Jonin level."

"The chunnin exams? Count me in! I get to fight ninja's from different territories, right?" I asked eagerly.

"Maki, don't pick fights, ya hear?" He warned. 

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, yeah."

I skipped out the door.

"Meeting at the bridge in an hour, don't be late!" Kakashi called through the door.

Ha, he's talking.

But none the less, I waited with Sakura, Sasuke and Naruto at the bridge an hour later.

And 2 hours passed before Kakashi showed up with one of his lame excuses.

He explained the chunnin exams to my three teammates and left.

"Well guys, I think that we're prepared enough. And we got each other's backs, right? So no need to worry. Even if we aren't the best fighter..." I said eyeing sakura.

The team ignored my statement, except the gracious look i got from sakura, and everyone dispersed.

Well, it was worth a try I suppose.

I was walking to Konoha Grocery to buy some more self-comforting ice cream, when I felt a presence following me. I knew this presence, it's Iruka's. I sighed, when will that sensei ever learn..

I sprinted to the top of the tree he was standing underneath before he even realized i was gone. 

He looked panicked for a second when he realized that i had disappeared, then started to move again. I jumped down on him from the tree, pushing down on his neck, forcing him to the ground. Then I pulled out Inazuma and held it at his throat. 

"Hey Iruka sensei!" I said, faking cheerfullness.

"Hi Maki..Skills are sharp as ever I see." He said defeated. 

I smirked swinging the kunai around my index finger and getting off of him. "Well you know, I love to kick ass!" 

"Whatever." He said, rubbing his rump where he fell hard.

( Hahaha, rubbing his rump. That sounds funny. xD BUT ANYWAYS, back to the story )

We separated ways. I bought my icecream and walked home eating out of the box. 

"Can I have some?" Kakashi Uncle asked when I walked through the door.

"No." I grumbled and walked into my room, kicking the door closed.