Chapter 12. More Chidori training

It's been two days since we got back to the village. I've been in my room moping, refusing to come out. I stared at Inazuma with tears in my eyes, remembering the moment Zabuza gave her to me.

I still can't believe they're dead.

I heard a knock on the door. "Maki? I'm coming in!" Kakashi Uncle yelled through it.

He tried the handle, only to find out that it was locked. Well, duh. Of course i locked it. I didn't want anybody to see me cry.

What I didn't expect was him kicking the door open.

Then again, i had to remind myself that this was a family of ninjas.

I turned away quickly and wiped my eyes so the he wouldn't see me cry, before turning around and giving Kakashi Uncle a fake smile.

"Hi Uncle! I was just.. sleeping in. I'm tired is all, don't worry about it. And can you please fix my door?"

He sighed. "Maki, it's okay to be sad. But this .. depression? I don't know what happened with you and Zabuza while you were gone, or even how you got that sword, but I know that Zabuza and Haku wouldn't want you moping for days about there deaths. He said it himself, become a better ninja. Maybe you should take your emotions to the training grounds... And yeah, sorry about the door. I was getting kind of worried..." He said, embarrassed.

I look at the ground, thinking. "Fine." I said finally, getting out of my bed, headed for the training grounds.

"Maki, wait! Your jutsu the other day.. It was powerful no doubt. Very powerful, but i should probably teach you the chidori as well. Your jutsu required all of your energy, it should only be used as a last resort. Chidori on the other hand, is an assasination  technique, and you will still have chakra remaining after you use it. You have the idea down, but you still need to work on your speed. 

The speed is the technique. The chidori won't have much effect on your opponent if you can't hit them with the right speed. It would just be a  basic shock.

So why don't we head down to the track again, i have a little surprise for you anyways." He said with a mischevious glint in his eyes.

So we headed down to the track together, me grumbling the whole way.

When we got there, there definately was a surprise.

Sasuke Uchiha.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Kakashi Sensei asked me to come to the track." He said in his normal 'I'm bored, i want revenge, leave me alone' tone.

I shrugged.

"Okay you two, this is your punishment for the little appearance at the land of waves. It's not too drastic, because one of your teammates probably would've died if you hadn't shown up, but you still disobeyed me."

Ugh, not another one of his punishment methods. I'm already depressed about Haku and Zabuza.

"Now listen up. I want you guys to run the mile in 10 minutes." He said.

I raised an eyebrow. Ok, there's got to be a catch to this. He know's  i can do the mile in half that time...

"What's the catch?" I asked.

"Well Maki, i'm glad you asked. Here, catch." He said, throwing ankle weights at me and sasuke. Pffft, easy.

I stuck my hand out to catch both weights thrown at me.

As soon as my hand wrapped around the weights though, they were pulled to the ground, no contest with my arm muscles.

"What the Hell Kakashi?! How am i supposed to run in these? I can't even pick them up!" 

I looked over at sasuke. He was having the same issue as me. He was glaring at his weights, struggling to move them.

"it's just a little training technique i picked up from a friend." He said lazily.

"Well, i'll see you two at the end of the day! Have fun, train hard. I'll check up on you two to make sure you aren't slacking off. Bye!"

And he poofed away leaving me and Sasuke struggling to put our weights on.

1 hour later*****

I FINALLY got the weights on my ankles, but my arm muscles were exhausted. Sasuke was already on his first lap around the track. Gotta catch up...

3 hours later*******

One lap around the track and my calfs and quads and hamstrings were screaming, begging for me to stop.

5 hours later*****

A mile later and my time is shameful. Sasuke's on his second mile. I think he's trying to make me feel bad about myself.

End of the day***

I had walked/attempted to jog around the track 14 times. Just two more laps and i'll have done 4 miles. Come on Maki!! 

I tripped and fell. Not having the strength to get up I just lay there. I looked up and saw sasuke walking slowly, exhausted too.

I felt the weights being taken off my ankles. "Come on, Maki. Let's go home." Kakashi sensei said behind me, smiling.

"Sasuke! You're done training for the day, go home and get some rest. And don't take the weights off!" He yelled.

I looked up confused. "But you took mine off?"

"Well Sasuke's body can handle more training than yours can."

I was about to protest but was stopped.

"I didn't mean it like that Maki, it's just that. He's got that kind of drive. Even if i tell him to take them off he won't. His desire for revenge is so strong. He know's this is punishment as well as hard training. He know's it's effective and will continue it even when i'm not around.

But don't think you're getting off so easily. Starting tomorrow, these weights will be apart of your body, 24/7 But tonight, i'll let your body rest and get used to the weight of the weights."

I grumbled and limped home with Kakashi. 

EVERYTHING HURT.

"Can you feel the burn?" Kakashi taunted.

I glared at him and growled.

Yeah, he and Zabuza were definitely similar as sensei's.

Which reminds me, I still have to find a sword master to teach me.

A/N - sorry , i know that was short, just didn't really feel like writing much today. Well, vote, comment, fan. All of the above ^.^ Bye!