Kade

A/N: SPECIAL: Kade's POV.

I was sitting at the Cooper's on the couch watching the football game. I looked around at this family. I felt like they were my family. And they were, just not by blood. My phone suddenly beeped on my pocket and I stiffled a sigh and got it out.

Dad: Get home. Now.

I stiffled another sigh and stood up. I said goodbye and left. I didn't bother with courtesies, just walked through the yards and went into my house. My mother was sitting wide eyed on the couch, tear stains on her cheeks. Anna was sitting on the floor, pain in her eyes and a hand over her cheek. My father was standing over her, staring down angrily at her.

He had hit her. Again.

I saw the beer bottles in the kitchen to my left, and broke. I ran at my father, hitting him hard with my fists. He cried out surprised, then began to fight back.

"K! Stop it!" Cried my sister.

She got up shakily and went to sit with my mom. With one, precise hit, I knocked him out cold. My mother cried out, but stiffled it. What was with the stiffling? And the crying out? And the beer bottles?

"I'm sorry." Was all I said before heading to my room.

Kelly's POV:

It had been almost 2 hours since Kade had left, and it was dark out now. I couldn't sleep and there was nothing to do, so I went out to sit on the porch. When I got there, I saw Kade on his. I went over and sat next to him. He looked at me, taking in my outfit. Grey joggers and a blue tanktop.

"Hey." I said.

"What are you doing out here?" He asked immediately.

"Couldn't sleep. How about you?" I said.

"Same." He answered.

"Wanna talk about it?" I asked.

"Nope." He answered simply.

I nodded. "Okay."

"What about you princess? Wanna talk about why you can't sleep? Is the pea under your dozen mattress keeping you from your beauty sleep?" He said, rather rudely...

"Actually no. I was worried about you." I said sarcastically, trying to annoy how much his words hurt.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"It's fine." I said, swaying my feet.

He sighed. "My dad hit Anna. And he started drinking again..."

"What?!" I asked.

Since when does his dad drink? And hit Anna?? Why didn't she ever say anything?

"But you can't tell anyone I told you! No one can know!" He added quickly.

I looked at him. "Explain?"

He did. He explained that his dad used to get drunk alot and hit his mom, then he got better, now he's bad again. And now he's targeting Anna and his mom. When he finished I had tears in my eyes.

"That's horrible." I choked out.

He nodded, and we both sat, staring off at nothing in particular. After a few minutes he sighed and stood up.

"We should probably both get home." He said.

I nodded and was hit with the sudden urge to kiss him. I didn't though. I gave him a quick hug and headed home. When I got to my room I got under the covers and collapsed into bed. My mind was too buzzing to sleep though.

Anna had never said anything bad about her father. Why now? What was going on in that house? Is that why he always stayed with us?

I eventually managed to calm down enough to fall asleep. It was dreamless, and I was woken by my annoying alarm clock. By alarm clock, I mean James.

"Get up. Get up. Get up." He repeated annoyingly.

I lugged myself out of bed and hit him with a pillow, shooing him out of my room. Then I took a long hot shower and realized it was only Tuesday. Like I was telling Julian, I have Thursdays off school. There are so many students at our school that this way they can fit more in. So it's a four day school week. Of course, then I work on Thursday so I have a full week. Today is actually pretty easy all I have is school. Yay! I grabbed my bag with my iPad and phone and went down to the kitchen. I sat at the table next to Julian as James made himself a bowl of cereal. I grabbed an orange out of the bowl in the center of the dining table and peeled it. James sat down in front of me.

"You guys up for the park after school?" He asked.

I nodded. "Sure why not."

Julian nodded too. "Yep. Is Kade gonna come?" 

James smiled. "Yep. And he's bringing Alys!"

I stopped with my hand holding a slice of orange half way to my mouth. "Alys? As in, Alys from Louisa's Botique?" 

James nodded. "He went to pick you up on Sunday but he was late and I guess she asked him out."

I put the orange slice in my mouth. Why did it hurt so much to find out he had a girlfriend? And it was Alys? He doesn't even like those types of girls! 

"Um actually guys, I forgot. I have plans with Anna and Cali. Raincheck?" I said.

They gave me strange looks but nodded. I finished my orange and threw the peelings away. What was I going to do now?

***********************************************************************************************

What did you guys think?? Alys? What do you think will happen??

Teaser: Idk yet, we'll see!!

Update: Soon. Maybe today.

***********************************************************************************************