Chapter 23:

He spoke those words in a deadly, low and fierce voice and I could tell he meant it. I paused Doctor Who and turned to look at him signalling for him to tell me what had happened. I was beyond confused and Zayn wasn’t telling me anything. As he walked into the kitchen mumbling to whoever was on the phone.

            “Jade help me up,” I demanded and she obliged. I wobbled over to the kitchen in time to see Zayn hang up the phone. He was scaring me, is face was clenched along with his fists, I thought he was going to crush the phone or punch a hole in the wall. His eyes were deadly, burning with what I assumed was hate.

            “Zayn,” I said. “What’s going on? Who was on the phone?” I asked urgently because I was confused and I wanted to know what was making Zayn so angry.

In response, Zayn slapped a plate onto the floor where it broke into millions of pieces causing me to flinch. Zayn wasn’t usually that aggressive, something really, really bad had happened.

            “Zayn?” my lip quivered. “What’s wrong? Talk to me.”

            “I’m going to kill him,” he whispered again. The same deadly words.

            “Who?” I urgently requested to know.

            “Damien is who!” Zayn shouted slamming his hand on the bar. I was registering who Damien was when Zayn punched a cupboard. Then it hit me Damien was Doniya’s boyfriend. Her abusive boyfriend who physically hurt her and Zayn was … oh my God.

            “Zayn!” I scolded. I understood he was frustrated but he needed to calm down. He was frightening me. “You need to calm down and tell me what happened!”

            “I’m going to kill him,” Zayn repeated. I sighed knowing he would be more open to telling me if Jade wasn’t two steps behind me.

            “Jade can you please go home. I’ll call if I need you,” I told her and she looked reluctant but left anyways with the promise that if I didn’t contact her in two hours she was coming over.

Jade let herself out and I turned back to Zayn who was in a very non-approachable stance. I stared at his back until I got impatient. I was worried about Doniya and I was staring at someone who clearly wasn’t going to tell me something within the millennium.

So grabbing my phone I dialled Doniya’s number, which finally caught Zayn’s attention. “Who are you calling?” he demanded but I was adamant ignoring him and walking into the kitchen.

I started to lose hope that she would answer the more I hear the ring tone. I was answered by the answering machine. That worried me, Doniya always picked up.

            “Who’re you calling?” Zayn demanded having followed me out of the kitchen.

            “What’s going on? What happened to Doniya?” I demanded to know fed up that I didn’t know. She was like my own sister.

            “Perrie,” Zayn’s expression softened when he saw mine. I could still see how angry he was but I could see that he was also in pain. “She’s in, she’s in a coma.”

            “WHAT!” I screeched before panicking. “What? How? When?” I asked quickly. “Oh my God! We have to go there now! She, oh my god, Zayn please tell me this is a joke,” I pleaded even though I knew it wasn’t. Zayn looked at me helplessly. “Zayn,” I said as the water works started. I quickly closed the few feet that were separating us and pulled him into a hard hug. “Is she okay? What happened?”