Earth and their Weakling Leaders

Start from the beginning

Her ears turn red, her cheeks following soon enough, her little anger fits she has reminding me of the redder toned women of the fire planets when I was younger.

"I don't remember signing a consent form or some shit for this."

"And I don't remember asking darling. Do you really think that I wouldn't have some trick up my sleeve to keep you here forever? On what planet would I want my living soul to die before me?"

She shoves away from her desk, another tantrum thing I have noticed about her. While her anger is justified and I won't stop her in the confines of the office, her lack of control over her emotions is alarming and much different than the females of Cintum.

"Sometimes I can't fuck stand you... you... you little green guy."

"What?"

"I need a drink."

"We have water?" I am neither little nor green, so her statement makes no sense, my confusion levels raising as she tugs are her hair.

"What? No like liquor. Something that can make the world spin and my emotions absent." She pushes out her bottom lip trying to make sense of my blank face.

"I do not think it is safe to drink things that make the world spin."

"You are a useless alien sometimes." She groans tossing herself back into the chair rubbing a hand down her face.

"And you are the sexiest woman I have ever seen."

She turns a different kind of red in response.

Crystal Knoll Point of View

His flattery only goes so far when I finally find myself sitting back on the other chair watching him type away on his holograms, sometimes a scribble or two on the documents in front of him.

Letting myself get comfy, I fiddle through the books on the desk trying to understand the language but finding nothing that I could remotely pinpoint. If it wasn't for the pictures, I would be absolutely bored out of my mind.

Vincent effectively ignores me letting me wander around the room and pick at things finding a few older style weapons shoved in places. When I look at Vincent, he just shrugs his shoulders no real reason other than if he needed a spiky ax against someone in his office.

While the people are physically different here, men are typically the same finding interest in weird things and holding on to stuff that doesn't much matter to the general public. In all honesty, who is going to break into this man's office? No one. Everyone's afraid that he will kill them where they stand.

And sometimes, I might agree with them.

Even the way Vincent holds himself at the desk is ethereal, his stance ready for a sudden movement, shoulders pressed back, face stone. It is easy to tell that he has never has a moment of chill in his life. He creates this image of power and stability in everything he does that anyone with half their sight could see that, but some part of me knows that isn't all that he is.

Am I truly catching feelings for this man? Or is just because he is hot?

Probably both. I can be very shallow.

Vincent turns to his papers again. I peer over his shoulder finally recognizing the English words on the page. Vincent has some documents, technically faxed, to him and now I can be nosey and figure out where they are from.

"Is that the presidents signature?" The recognizable ink scribble that was shown across the TVs during campaign season caught my eye and Vincent nods his head.

"Yes, it is the president, the queen, a couple prime ministers, and chiefs. Anyone who had any say in the world were brough until my rule and this is the official document to show that." He mutters signing another line and tossing it to the side to look at the next page.

"How did you do it?"

"Do what love?" Another pen scrape.

"Earth, how did you just waltz in an get everyone to sign this?" My fingers tap against the document and moves over the next page to keep reading through it.

"When I visited Earth and found your father about to commit suicide, I saw a way to learn the human morale, day-to-day etc. Your father agreed that if he was protected, you included in that, he would serve in a government role. Once he established contact with the president, I was able to have a meeting and thus made connections with the others. It was rather easy. The men of your planet afraid of what they don't understand. Each of them sold over their part of the planet for their own safety and soon enough my control was widespread enough the rest of the world submitted."

Laying my hand on the papers allows me to get a better look at the documents, each one in their respective language but covered with signatures that ultimately signed over the people of Earth. Another scribble I recognize sits on its own page, "What did my father sign over?"

"Before I knew he was my mate's father, he signed over his life. He signed to serve me with guaranteed protection for you and him from any and all alien 'invasions' as he had called it."

So much like my father, protecting me from things I didn't understand or even know. Letting me dream of college and a future as if he hadn't coordinated the end of everything, I knew with the man that sits next to me.

"Now that you know?"

"Know what darling?" He lays his pen down, turning to me.

"Now that you know I am your... mate, is he still bound to serve you?"

"No, the document you are looking at is his release papers. Freedom papers as we call them. I am getting them ready to send to the general of his sector. It will protect him from any and all alien take overs, and allow him to live amongst the aliens, get a job, etc. He will be safe and protected."

Safe and protected.

I thumb at the paper reading the paragraph over, a long statement giving my father all the same rights, expectations, and living conditions as any other alien on the planet, with the sub text explaining that he is a qualified human to accept the traits of the aliens.

"Will I ever get to see my father again?"

"Without a doubt, but before that we must get things between us in order and have you step into your role. Your father would be a distraction and needs to focus on his transition into this new normal. If you want, you can write him a letter and I will send it with the documents for him." Vincent lays his hand over mind smiling up at me rubbing his thumb lightly over mine.

"I would love that, thank you."

A heavy blanket of silence falls over us, Vincent pulling away to focus back on his task at hand when a knock rolls over the door. The King stands up grabbing me to place me in his chair before walking towards the door yanking it open. The young man that stands on the other side of the heavy wood shakes in his boots, and Vincent guards the crack of the door keeping me as out of sight as possible.

"My King." I see the shadow of the man bow, his body shooting right back up when Vincent grunts at him.

"Speak."

No need to sound so harsh Vince, the guy is obviously about to piss himself.

"The eighth sector needs a new commander. The current has renounced his position and has no children to take his place. They are asking for you to come attend to the people before the split. Woman and children are trying to hide from the guards."

"Tell the renounced dick we will be there. No need to cause chaos just yet." His voice is more of a groan, but the young man nods running off as fast as he can Vincent slamming the door behind him.

"Are you ready for an adventure love?" His smirk is almost evil as he walks over playing wrapping his hands around my waist.

"With you? Never."