Chapter fourteen: One Problem Solved

Comincia dall'inizio

"Liar!" Second Jay shouted.

"He's not lying," I said, "He told us everything, and he feels bad. You can ask him yourself. All your dimension Cole is trying to do is fix his mistake."

"Stay out of this, greenie," Second Kai snapped.

I glared at them. They don't understand what they're doing.

"This involves all of us," Zane replied, "If we are here, then perhaps we should be in the conversation too."

Second Kai stared at Zane, then back at me, "That reminds me, not to mention Cole killed our Zane. That's another reason why he must be killed!"

"What?!" Second Cole cried, "I didn't kill Zane, Lloyd did! He tried to save our lives. Why on earth would I kill my best friend!"

Second Kai and Second Jay laughed. They didn't believe him.

"You expect us to believe that?" Second Jay said, "This is exactly why all of you guys are burning into brownie bites!"

Second Kai groaned, "Alright, this way."

They jerked us to the left. Up ahead, I was beginning to see the bottom of the rocket.

"Okay, okay," Second Cole replied, "You can do anything you want to me, but please, don't take Nya. Kai, she's your sister. She's the only family you have left, and you're going to kill her? Without second thought?"

Second Kai stopped walking then he looked at Second Nya. He narrowed his eyes at her.

"And Jay, she used to be your girlfriend. Your relationship can still work if you stop all this madness. I've taken great care of her for the past two years and don't wanna let it go all to waste. Please, don't take Nya."

Second Kai and Second Jay stared at each other. I could tell they were thinking about it. They both walked over to Second Nya with a key in their hands.

"Alright," Second Kai freed Second Nya, "But that's not gonna stop us from killing you guys."

They put Second Nya aside then forced us inside the rocket. I noticed everything inside. Now I know why they call this the rocket.

This was a gas chamber.

"More gas?" Jay whined, "Come on!"

I glared at Second Kai and Second Jay through the reflection. They just smiled at me funny.

"Yeah, except this type of gas has deadly toxins! Enjoy your nice, long nap!"

Second Kai and Second Jay left to turn on the switch. My heart started to race. I also couldn't see Second Nya anywhere.

"We're gonna die!" Jay cried.

"I'm sorry I did this to you guys!" Cole started to sob, "If I hadn't been separated from you guys, none of this would've happened!"

"It's okay, Cole!" Kai cried, "It wasn't your fault!"

Everyone started to huddle together. Second Cole walked up next to me and whispered something I couldn't understand.

"What did you say?" I asked.

Suddenly, I heard two loud thumps and two cries. Then I heard two more thumps. Everyone stopped weeping.

Silence filled the room. About five seconds later, I saw Second Nya with the key.

"Second Nya!" I cried.

"Yes!" Second Cole shouted, "I knew my plan would work."

"You planned it?" I asked.

Second Cole nodded, "Oldest trick in the book."