Chapter 4

Marcel Pov

"I can't believe I got stuck with Zayn Malik in Chemistry class and to make matters worse, I have to be his lab partner, my day seriously sucks. You know what he told me? He said that we were stuck in chemistry class because we have undeniable chemistry, that stupid jerk!" Veronica complained

"Well my day has been great can you believe I got lucky enough to sit between Liam and Niall in History class, thank you Mr.Sheeran!" Leeroy said excitedly

It was the end of the school day we were heading toward the parking lot where Veronica's car was and I was only half paying attention to their conversation and the other half of me was thinking about Louis my " secret friend."

"Marcel how was your first day of school?" asked Leeroy

"Nothing special." I mumbled back

"Is something wrong Mar..." Veronica was cut of by a group of boys approaching us

"Well well what do we have here?" Zayn Malik said, with a sly smile plastered on his face

"Leave us alone you asshole!" Veronica said, ready to punch Zayn in the face if he didn't leave

"Don't worry babe I'm not here for you or even your pathetic friend Leeroy, I want to talk with Marcel alone if you don't mind." Zayn said, oh no what did I do!

"Well that's too bad because I do mind." Veronica spat back and took a position in front of me blocking me from view.

"Yeah me too!" Leeroy said, copying Veronica's movement.

"Well then I guess you guys will just have to watch." Zayn said making a signal to the boys behind him.

Liam and Niall approached Leeroy and grabbed him, Leeroy tried to squirm away but they were too strong. I saw two other boys named Josh and Sandy grab Veronica and just like Leeroy she couldn't get away.

"You bastard you better not hurt Marcel!" Veronica yelled at Zayn

"Sorry babe you better look away." Zayn replied back and that's when I felt the first punch and fell to the ground.

"Look nerd, I saw you talking to Louis and I want you to understand that he is my best mate and I don't want you or anyone ruining his reputation." Zayn said throwing me another punch.

"Stop!" Veronica and Leeroy shouted at the same time but Zayn just ignored them and continued to talk.

"You are a loser do you understand and Louis is popular, you can't bring him down to your level, that would hurt him. You will always be a loser with your nasally voice and horrible hair style, so do us all a favor and stick to your clique." Zayn said, preparing to punch me once again,

"Hey! What the hell do you think your doing!" I heard someone saying running towards us

"Oh hey Louis you are right on time I was just warning your friend over here to stop wasting your time, that is unless you want to be a loser just like him?" Zayn said smirking, I looked up and saw Louis, he was so beautiful and so conflicted on what he was going to do next, I really hope he defends me.

"Who the hell said he was my friend, I would never be friends with an ugly ass nerd like him, the only reason I talk to him is so I can cheat off of him in Calculus." ow it felt like my heart was ripped out of my chest, the feeling was excruciating, my eyes were getting blurry with tears.

"Well then prove it, punch him I dare you." Zayn said, would Louis really punch me?

"Fine." Louis said approaching me... I guess he's not the guy I thought he was.

"I'm sorry." Louis whispered in my ear before punching me in the face.

"Welcome back Louis!" Zayn said slapping Louis on the back"You see nerd a guy like Louis would never be interested in a loser like you." Zayn said facing me then he left with Louis and the other boys followed.

I was still on the ground when Veronica and Leeroy rushed too hug me, tears were falling down my face.

"Are you ok honey?" Veronica asked in a concerned voice

"No." I cried

"Come on let's go home, we have to take care of your cuts and bruises." A worried Leeroy said,

I just nodded and they led me to the car. The ride there was long and silent, the words Zayn said to me kept repeating in my head

" A guy like Louis would never be interested in a loser like you".

I always thought I was a loser but it was worse hearing it out aloud. I have to change not just to get Louis,I don't even think I want him anymore after today but for me because I deserve to be the person I want to be, someone strong,confident, attractive that people would not be ashamed to be seen with, I want to be a new person. And with that thought in mind I wiped away the last tear I would ever shed and said a last goodbye to Marcel Styles, because he was never coming back...

Authors note: I really hated writing this, poor Marcel but I had to, this is the big turn in the story. I'm really excited about the next chapters, the transformation from Marcel to Harry will begin.