Chapter 2

Louis Pov

"I can't believe how much homework Mr.Cowell gave us, doesn't he know the first day of school should be easy." Niall said, complaining about our very mean English teacher while grabbing all the food in the cafeteria. Man that boy can eat!

"Don't worry we won't have to do any of it." Zayn said looking toward someone in the cafeteria and that someone happened to be Marcel Styles.

Not again, I really don't like my friends picking on that kid even though he really asks for it by wearing that sweater vest and those big black glasses of his. I can tell he is a really sweet kid and when he smiles he has the cutest dimples and those eyes I saw this morning, just wow... Ok Louis don't think that way about a nerd it's not worth ruining your rep, because that's the most important thing in high school my rep and that's why I never stop my friends from doing stuff I don't agree with.

"Louis did you hear me?" Zayn asked

"What sorry I was thinking about....stuff" I said back hoping they wouldn't realize what I was actually thinking about.

"I said that you should make that nerd do our homework for us, I mean I usually do it but I think you deserve to have some fun, oh and while your at it slip Veronica my number, I still don't understand why she hangs out with those losers but she's still smoking hot." Zayn said, while giving me his and Niall's homework and pushing me to the direction of Marcel's table.

Crap what am I going to do I don't want to be mean to him but I can't be nice to him, people will suspect I'm not as tough as they think I am. Zayn probably sent me over here as test, he didn't really like it when I helped Marcel up from the floor this morning. Ok I'm at the table, now I got to say something tough....

"Hi!" Stupid I sounded nervous, at least I got his attention.

"Oh hey Louis?" a very confused Marcel said, aww he's blushing he looks so cute.. stop it Louis you have to be mean to him.

"Um would you mind doing our homework Marcel, Mr.Cowel gave us a lot and I was wondering if you weren't busy..."

"I would love too." Marcel said right away, ok that was easy.

"No he would not love too, he's not your slave you ego-centric jock, you and your friends should do your own homework, maybe that way you would have brains." a very pissed of Veronica said

"Veronica it's okay, I'm used to it." Marcel said, trying to calm her down

"You shouldn't be used to it, those jocks don't deserve any of your time." Veronica said glaring at me, if looks could kill...

"Your right." I replied surprising myself

"Of course I'm right... Wait what???" An equally surprised Veronica said

"Marcel you don't deserve to be treated the way we treat you, no one does, I see that you are a very kind hearted person and the only reason we pick on you is because we want to prove we are tough, it's all about reputation and I'm too much of a coward too give up the popularity. If things were different I probably would be your friend, because you seem like a great friend to have." I said looking at Marcel and saying the truth out loud for the first time in my life.

"Hey what's taking so long, I heard you were giving Marcel our homework, but you forgot about mine." Liam said, approaching the table where a very shocked Veronica and Marcel were sitting.

"Um yeah I was just warning this loser that if he doesn't finish our homework by tomorrow, he's not going to be able to walk the next day." I said, I'm such a coward

"Well maybe we can beat him a little right now so he can be motivated too do a good job." Liam said, looking at a scared Marcel

"No! I mean I think he got the message." I quickly gave our homework to Marcel

"Well if you say so, lets go back to our table then." Liam said, already walking away, I started to follow alongside Liam but realized I had to do something first.

"Hey Liam wait I forgot to give Veronica Zayn's number, I'll meet you back at the table." I lied

"Ok mate and good luck with that." Liam replied

I started walking back to the table and saw Leeroy, the openly gay lad heading toward the table as well, he used to have a crush on Liam, I could tell by the way he used to look at him but I think he realized he was straight since has a girlfriend and moved on to Niall. Great, I could use that to my benefit, I don't think I can face Marcel after that speech.

"Hey Leeroy can I ask you for a favor." I looked around, hoping no one saw me talking to him

"Why would I do you a favor, what's in it for me?" Leeroy replied, I expected his response since he is the third sassiest person in the school after Veronica and me of course.

"Well I could possibly put in a good word for you with my friend Niall if you wanted?" I said, who knows maybe Niall and him would make a cute couple, who am I kidding Niall is popular and Leeroy is well Leeroy but I could still put in a good word.

"Fine what's the favor?" Leeroy replied right away

I grabbed a napkin and a pen from my backpack and wrote down,

Marcel here is my number, I want to apoligize for not being able to be your friend in school but maybe we can be secret friends, here's my number text me ;)

(xxx)xxx-xxxx

"Give this to Marcel." I handed the napkin to Leeroy

"Whatever you say Romeo." Leeroy said, winking then walked away to the table

Romeo? Like in Romeo in Juliet but I'm not in love with Marcel, I just want to be friends, he seems like a good lad but just to be friends with, not have a relationship with. I turned around to look at Marcel which was a big mistake, he has recieved the napkin and on his face was a big grin showing off his adorable dimples. I quickly turned away and walked toward my table where all my jock friends are and hoped they wouldn't see what I barely discovered...... I'm falling for Marcel Styles.