Zeref x Male!Abandoned!Reader

Recommend/Requested

Normal routine for a Monday morning, wake up and keep the gutter rats off of me. Yeah, normal. Every morning I sit up off the cold alley floor removing a rat attached to my thigh. At times I would wake up and it would be a lonely stray cat looking for warmth. But even those times the cats would bring friends. It seemed nice having something in my presence, it flattered me just knowing someone cared. But that was a week ago.

"Aargh....come on Meko, time to get up." I yawn.

I wake to the distinct Manx cat on me, that has seemed to grow fond of me over the past week or so. Petting the soft hairs on the new born kitten I lift him up and place him on my head. Mere seconds on my head I hear him start purr with a soft nimble hum. Getting to your feet you stand firm and tall dusting off the specks of dust and dirt hidden on your clothes and walk out of the alley.

"Ok Meko let's go get breakfast." I joyfully announce.

A small little meow escapes the little cat's mouth and I set off for a local diner. Luckily not everyone you knew was evil, searching around in your newly ripped jeans you look for the hundred bucks you get a week from a friend. My friend was was nothing special, the matter was he even hated me more then anyone would. The reason why, he felt pity towards me. That stupid emo.

Eliminating the annoying thought that would constantly wonder around in your brain, you arrive at the local diner. But upon opening the stained-glassed door that would usually hold the specials you notice the place is barely packed. Scanning around for a seat I decide to park it one of the counter stool in the front. Still looking around I glare at everyone and yet no one seems familiar. And then the waitress goes up to me and asks me what I'll have.

"Can I just get an omelet and a cup of coffee?"

"Yeah, sure thing. Anything else?"

"No I'm good."

The twenty something year old waitress writes down my meal on her notepad and then goes to the back. I watch as her high heels clomp against the spit clean tile. The noise gets so annoying Meko begins to hiss. And people eventually start to look around perplexed on the strange noises. I scratch under the young furball's chin and allow kitten to calm it's self. But not everyone was trilled about the sound.

"Dude, Shut that damn thing up!"

"Why? He's not doing you no harm to you."

"It's hurting everyone's ears, now shut it up or make you both not able to make a noise again."

Waiting for the barrage of blows to wound me, I close my eyes and protect Meko. Holding the baby feline in my protective grip I wait for hits to collide with myself. But I wait and....they don't, my (e\c) eyes peek open and a black haired male stand in front of me with the other guy knocked out on the cold tile floor. Holding Meko I look at the male slightly scared unsure of what happened.

"You ok?"

"Yeah..." I stammer to speak.

Twisting his figure around, my memory fits in the pieces. It's my emo 'friend', Zeref. His midnight black hair and his darken orbs like coal stare at me and I stand there frozen to the ground for some odd reason.

"Why'd you save me, you don't even like me." I scoff.

"You still are my friend, right?" He asks questionably.

I growl under my breathe as if a response on the question.

"You could say thanks, for start or even hi."

Getting up out of the seat I walk out of the restaurant more ticked of then when I entered. But adding icing on it like an unfrosted cake, I still haven't had something to eat yet. Looking back I notice Zeref catching up, I scoff a again as he is mere feet away from me. Yet strangely as he gets closer I feel safe with, even if he irradiates me.