DEAR SAHARA - Chapter 16 - Little Letters and Big Emotions

Chapter 16

Zayn P.O.V

I sat opposite her. I sat opposite him. This was what I had been wanting for months now, to see her face. I didn’t however want to see his face with her.

She was just as perfect as I had remembered. Long dark hair which framed her face, her eyes bright as they looked into Harry’s, her cheeks a rosy red as she blushed at the sight of Harry, it was like nothing had changed, the only thing that had was it was no longer my eyes she locked onto, or myself she blushed around, it was Harry.

Sahara was the only thing keeping me going, keeping me alive in a hope that one day we might have worked things out, but now all and any hope of that happening are about as likely as finding the gold at the end of a rainbow.

Hi Zayn” she sweetly smiled looking into my eyes.

I could tell that she was wearing Vera Wang Princess, I could smell it the moment she walked in, it filled my lungs, reigniting the passion and love I had always had for her.

“I didn’t expect you to bring Harry with you” I spoke keeping my tone calm

She looked at him, just briefly. His eyes seemed to give her strength, like just one look could fuel her with confidence. I hated Harry Styles right now.

“I didn’t think you’d mind Zayn, I mean he’s in your band?” she giggled back. How on earth was this a laughing matter.

Harry shared her short giggle as he appeared to clutch her hand stronger and tighter.

“It’s not that I mind, it’s just I thought we could talk, you know?” I admitted.

As I finished my sentence Sahara looked at Harry and almost systematically he pushed his chair out to stand up. He leant over to hug to me before kissing her forehead.

She looked lost without him. She looked at me like she didn’t even know me, like I was a stranger. Her eyes turned cold and her face pale. The smile on her face disappeared; it wasn’t replaced with a frown, just a simple straight face. For the first time I couldn’t read her.

It was harder than I thought to be in a room with her. I was expecting it to be easy. But it wasn’t. She sat there coldly and I sat opposite.

“Thanks for coming Sahara” I started trying to stop the awkwardness that infused the room

It’s been nice to see the others you know too, so you’re welcome” she responded playing with her hands

So how long have you got left in here?” she quickly added

“I bet, today is the first time I’ve seen anyone. I don’t know, hopefully not long”

But at least you’re getting better right?” she responded honestly

“I guess…”

Once again the silence took over, both of us looking around the room as if for something to start to start the conversation. I find it incredible to think that just 8 months ago we were in love and frolicking around.

“So…er…whats with you and Harry, you’re looking pretty cozy” I asked

“What type of question is that Zayn?” she replied her tone harshening

“It’s just a question, wondered why you came here with him looking all cuddly, did you know it would kill me inside?” I retorted equally as cruel

What the hell Zayn? I’m far from ‘cuddly’ with Harry, he’s just being a good friend…”

“Did you fancy him when we were together?”