Chapter 32 - New Air

Sahara P.O.V

It had been two days. Two long days of pain. Pain that I don’t think was going away anytime soon, he had called about a billion times, I had picked up his calls zero times. I couldn’t face speaking to him, seeing him or knowing about him.

“You have to do what you think is best” Kendall smiled in her best attempt to comfort me.

Kendall is my 19 year old cousin, I hadn’t seen her much since I started going out with Zayn, but she had always been there for me and I hated the fact I had neglected her so much. She is one of the nicest and kindest people out there and she really does care, not just the ‘oh it will work out’ caring, the genuine, ‘I’m always here for you’ type of caring.

I had grown up with Kendall and her brothers, since they were my only family that were around my age. Her oldest brother, Andrew looked the spit of their father who was my dads brother, and her younger brother Logan who is my age inherited his looks from their mother, who sadly isn’t in the picture anymore. They had always been so much fun to be around, and were often referred as the three musketeers.

As she sat on my bed in my now empty room, we reminisced, all the old memories we had here, playing star wars and running throughout the house annoying various of my nannies I had had growing up, and maxing out credit cards in Harrods. I came to the realization that I was going to miss this no matter how much I pretended I wouldn’t.

“Then it is sorted” I forced a smile as I leapt up dramatically.

Kendall burst out laughing pulling her long dark brown hair around for the back of her head to rest it on her shoulder. She then got up and pulled her long boots on over her white skinny jeans and proceeded out of my vacant room, which I then followed her trailing my jacket along the floor. I didn’t even take a look back. I didn’t need too. I can remember what it did look like, what my house did feel like, I had the memories and that was all I needed.

My dad’s jaguar was in the drive all the doors open waiting for us to get in; I scooted across the leather interior to behind the driver’s seat before realising I could have just gone around. Kendall followed sitting behind the passenger’s seat before simultaneously slamming the doors and awaiting my parents to get into the car.

20 minutes later everything was ready and they both got into the car, my dads aftershave infusing the car and my mum’s perfume circulating the air. It was a smell of comfort, a family smell, though I didn’t have any time to be nostalgic, Kendall and I headed straight for the fashion magazines that my mum had bought yesterday and started discussing trends as my dad pulled out of the drive, London sights flashing by though I was to engulfed in the fashions to even notice.

We had been driving for little over ten minutes when my phone bleeped and Zayn’s perfect chiselled face appeared on my screen. Kendall noticed and smiled as I turned over the screen so I didn’t have to look at it and carried on looking through seventeen magazine. This month’s cover girls were Selena Gomez and Miley Cyrus, bit of an odd couple to be sharing a cover, but never the less I idolised Miley, I found her simply incredible. Selena had always been Kendall’s favourite since she has a cameo appearance in one of the Spy Kid films.