DEAR SAHARA - Chapter 13 - Floor 102

Sahara P.O.V

I knew that this wasn’t going to be easy, whatever this was. Was I going to go and see Zayn? I don’t know yet. Was I going to think about Zayn? Of course, he never leaves my mind.

Late last Tuesday I decided I was going to book a flight out to New York, I don’t know what I was thinking at the time, most likely I wasn’t thinking at all. Truthfully lately I didn’t really know what I was doing about anything, no proper thoughts ran through my overcrowded yet empty mind. For the last month I had been in some sort of trance, if you ask me what I did yesterday I couldn’t tell you, ask me what I did last October on the 3rd Wednesday I could tell you in a heartbeat – I was packing up and moving to Gerrards Cross.

Ever since July 23rd, nothing had been right. I can’t hold relationships down without something getting in the way, Zayn being a prime example of that. Alex has been great, but that’s because we aren’t in a relationship, we went on a few dates but ultimately we decided that we were too similar to make the commitment, all I do know is that he will always be in my life. In fact he dropped me off at the airport.

The entire plane journey I had been writing letters, just little ones and placing them in colourful envelopes with different titles on. I was planning on giving them to Zayn, if I ever made it the rehab centre. Each envelope was for a different reason, from ‘When you’re feeling down’ to ‘the moment you get out’ I wrote messages and quotes. In total there were 20. Signifying the 20 letters Sophia wrote to him, this time they were from me.

  Fortunately enough, when I told my parents I was planning on taking a trip to the city, they allowed me to book first class seats. I doubt it would have made much difference as I am still alone up in the air despite the constant pestering from cabin crew members. Being up in the air was like being at home, of course there were people surrounding me, but was alone, alone on my own mission, my own business.

I wanted to be hopefully that perhaps while I was in New York I could see Katharine and the boys, though I wasn’t hopeful, after all  I left them just like I left Zayn. Niall would be angry at me for sure, the amount of times I received messages from him and never replied would be unforgivable. Harry, now I’m not sure what Harry would think, we were close, I admired him greatly, he too had had a rough time recently but I left him too. Louis, I’d always had a special connection with him, right from the meal him and Harry took me out on, I’m not sure if would be that bothered about seeing me, Liam I knew would be disappointed in me.

Peering out of the window, the pilot announced the planes descent into JFK. The sight was like something out of a movie, the city was booming with traffic, the morning sun highlighting the tall skyscrapers of Manhattan and New York City. As the plane landed all the businessmen and women rushed off of the plane to head towards to customs, I wasn’t in any rush so naturally let them all in front of myself.

Thank you for flying British Airways” The blonde stewardess spoke as I left the aircraft pulling my cabin bag behind me.

It was 9am here, and the airport was already packed, at least 2,000 people cramming into baggage reclaim, it was at this point I was thankful I didn’t take a hold bag just my Louis Vuitton, it meant I could haste through customs where they checked my passport, scanned my finger print and then let me on my way.

Hotel, hotel, hotel, I thought to myself as I realised I hadn’t even bothered to book a room, well in all honesty I didn’t even know how long I was going to be here. Taking out my Iphone from my pocket I text my mum and dad to let them know I had arrived, but they were away on business so the likeliness of them replying was slim, however Kendall replied almost immediately.

Walking out of the airport with my bag wheeling behind me and jumping into a yellow cab, all around were happy faces, families welcoming back relatives, or business people who had just made deals. I on the other hand, couldn’t have felt more confused. I’d never been to New York before and have now been thrown in on the deep end. The only rational decision would be to call Katharine in a hope that she would pick up.