Chapter 19 - The Funeral

Zayn P.O.V

My laptop, ipad and blackberry sat in front of me. I stared them all down in hope that one of them would beep saying I had a message. It had been a week since the last message from Sahara, and just over a week since the message from Sophia, that one will always be in my mind especially the line ‘Sahara is telling me to go to sleep now, but I don’t want to, not because I’m not tired, but because I don’t think I will wake up’ it really is heartbreaking knowing that all she wanted was a reply from me and I couldn’t even do that, I know I couldn’t save her life, but I could have made her happier. That is why I am going to her funeral, she’ll know I’m there, and the rest of the boys and Katharine and Cara-Beau who are Louis and Harry’s girlfriends are going to come.

The funeral was at 2.30pm, but I wanted to get there earlier so I could personally meet Sahara and talk to her, everything I emailed didn’t sound right, I couldn’t put my emotions into words. I picked up my phone and put it into my suit pocket, turned off my laptop and Ipad and put them into my room before proceeding out of my apartment and down to the lobby where I knew that the others were waiting.

“Zayn over here” Niall called as he waved me in their direction.

All of the boys in suits, Louis’ was blue, Liam’s black with a pink shirt, Niall had a grey suit with purple shirt, Harry had gone in a tweed blazer and dark slacks with his signature bow tie, as for me, I wore a jet black suit, single buttoned, and a black shirt, no tie. Cara-Beau had a blue and white lotus printed handkerchief silk dress that was both appropriate and made her look good, she paired it with black sandal wedges. Katharine wore a black hi-low skirt with draping and a floral bralet, with shoe boots. If you are wondering why the girls are wearing colourful outfits, Sahara said Sophia didn’t want anyone in boring, dull colours.

Walking over to the boys they all came closer and hugged me, I don’t know why this was so hard, I mean I didn’t know Sophia, but I felt like I did now, and I felt like I owed her. Soon enough we crammed into three cars, I went with Niall and Liam, while the couple went in the other black range rover. It didn’t take long to arrive at the church, already there were at least a hundred people standing outside. As I didn’t know what Sahara looked like, I was going to have a hard job finding her.

“That could be Sahara?” Liam said pointing to a girl dressed in a purple and metallic silver, mesh dress with a lace fitted bodice, full skirt and peter pan collar. She stood tall in black shoe boots with at least a 4 inch heel. Her dark brown nearly black hair waved down her front just above her boobs, and a middle parting framing her beautiful fair face. Her lips standing out as they were coated in a rose colored lipstick, contrasting her fair skin. She was standing at the front of the church, looking very lost as she clutched onto her phone and a picture. It was her; I didn’t know how or why I knew it was her. It just was.

Thankfully no paparazzi had turned up, so it meant that we could get out of the car without having to run and duck for cover. Niall and I walked over to the girl that we believed to be Sahara, Liam joined the couples as they headed into the church.

“Are you Sahara?” Niall gently asked approaching her. She didn’t say anything only nodded, you could tell she was holding in her emotions.

“Hi, I’m Niall, I’m really sorry for your loss, this is Zayn” Niall said giving her a hug and introducing me. Sahara smiled back as I hugged her.