DEAR SAHARA - Chapter 11 - New York New York

Zayn P.O.V

I had been here a week. One long week, every day felt like an eternity and I just feel like I’m cut off from the world.

Taking medication wasn’t like you saw in films; rehab isn’t what films make it out to be. It’s horrible, you’re at the bottom of the pack, they don’t mean to, but doctors and counsellors look at you with pity, like your scum.

The only good thing about Saturdays is that the head therapist lets you have your phone back. It was dropped off at my room at 7am this morning in a clear plastic bag with my name written in black marker pen across it. I swear the medication I’m on is changing me, I’m either incredibly emotional or I have the emotions of a wall. Every night she is in my dream, I just needed to talk to her.

Removing my phone from the bag I turned it on. It took forever to load; well it seemed forever because I was nervous.

A few messages came through once it loaded. All the boys, my mum and dad, sister, management and behold the one person I was looking for. Sahara.

I knew that the boys texts would be boring, all ‘missing you’ and that shit. I didn’t care about theirs in all honesty, I just wanted to read hers. It would either make me cry, get angry or both but it didn’t matter.

From Sahara Bronx

How can I not know what to say to you? Just stay strong ok?

How could I stay strong when all I was thinking about was her, she was like venom to my skin, the sound of her name, the thought of her face was enough to take over my body, paralyse my every thought. I loved her, but she did this to me? Her actions have caused this, not mine.

Checking the time I judged it would be about lunch time in wherever the hell in England she was, I decided to text her back, this had to be settled for once and for all. Either she would explain and we would be happy, or she would stick to her guns and I’d be unhappy. But I’d rather know.

To Sahara Bronx

I got your DM. Strong people do survive, because you did x

I thought I was meant to be finding out the truth, not pitying her old situation. Jeeze, why can’t I for once be the guy I used to be before her, oh wait, she changed me, she made me this way.

From Sahara Bronx

I wouldn’t have without you?x

Then why the fuck aren’t you here helping me through this? Eh? She should be here holding my hand, cuddling me before I sleep telling me that everything will be okay in the end, and that if it isn’t okay then it isn’t the end.

To Sahara Bronx

How do you expect me to get through this without you then?x