Chapter 17

Chapter 17

My heart was racing, and my stomach had butterflies as I smoothed down the fabric on my sweater. My palms were sweaty, and my hands where shaky as I took a deep breath. What am I even doing? I know that in the end I'm going to end up breaking his heart anyways, so why am I stringing him along like he still has a chance? There's only two choices. I could tell him about the baby and ruin his entire life, or break his heart and ruin mine. Gee, love is fun. Not.

I began to run my fingers through my ponytail nervously, and nibbled on my lip gently. I let my hand drop back to my side, and sighed. I turned to my side once again, and overlooked my appearance in the mirror. The sweater I was wearing was baggy so it hid my pouch. I couldn't be showing in front of Harry, and even if I was I didn't want to. Ever since we've met I haven't been figure than a size four. How would he feel when I go up a few sizes?

I looked at my watch. 6:57 pm. Shit it was time. If I didn't go now he would think I was standing him up, and I wasn't. I couldn't. I was madly in love with Harry, and I remember how heartbroken he was over getting stood up by Ashley Valentine. He had the biggest crush on her, and she finally agreed on going out on a date with him. I remember how excited he was that night. Hell, he tried on four shirts until he finally decided to go with the dark blue button up because I told him it brought out his eyes.

I looked up at my bedroom door nervously, and looked over my appearance once more. I was sweating a loose white and gray tribal print sweater along with black leggings, and light gray fold down boots with rhinestones. My hair was pulled back into a tight ponytail that was braided up from my bangs. I wasn't wearing any makeup except for some lip gloss.

I sunk my teeth into my bottom lip tightly before exiting my room, and walking towards the front door. I wrapped my fingers around the knob tightly before turning it slowly. The cool air from the hallway hit my skin lightly as I exited my apartment. I quickly locked it behind me before walking down the halls. On the left of me was two high schoolers making out up against the wall. Ha, typical. I remember when I was apart of one of those relationships, and I'll be honest...it was some of the best years of my life.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I made my way down the stairs quickly. Once I was finally one the first level I felt my whole body shaking with nervousness. I rubbed my fingers together softly before playing with the loose skin around the edge of my thumb. I walked over to the entrance that had Harry waiting on the other side. I closed my eyes tightly, and taking a sharp breath as I grabbed the door handle. I clenched my teeth together tightly as I pushed it open. I heard the light sounds of cars driving past, and light giggles as I took a few small steps. It wasn't raining anymore, but the sky was dark. I smelt dirty rain water around me as I walked on the wet cement. I stood there for a moment awkwardly before looking at my watch. 7:03 pm. I sighed, and began to play with the hem of my shirt as I heard a velvet voice from behind.

"I was convinced you wouldn't show." Harry told me form behind, and I gasped softly. I turned on my heel to look at him, and couldn't help but over look his appearance. He was wearing a dark black crew neck T-shirt along with a blue cardigan. His legs were shown off with a pair of black skinny jeans with a pair of dirty black converse on his feet. Those converse. The same converse he wears almost everyday. I looked up into his light eyes, and he gave me a side smile that showed off his dimples perfectly. He took a few steps closer to me, and I felt his warm breath on my face. He didn't try hugging me or anything, and I was kind of glad. I wasn't sure how I was going to stay away from him, but I'll try.

"After the things you said today I was sure that we were over." He whispered, cupping my cheek. His light blues eyes poured into my dark brown ones, and his smile faded. I watched as he bit his lip hard, and I saw his Adam's apple move as he swallowed the lump in his throat. "Even though I deserved everything you said, it still hurt me Chloe. Just knowing that you feel that way breaks my heart because it makes me feel like the worse boyfriend on the planet." He confessed, and my heart ached. I felt my eyes sting with tears, and I sucked in a breath.