Chapter 11: Break

Chapter 11: Break

Where the hell have you been?”

Shock filled my body as I stared at the person in front of me with my mouth draping open. I couldn't speak, I couldn't move. I couldn't even breath. I dropped the keys I had been holding, and they hit the floor with a clang. Tears filled my eyes, and my bottom lip wobbled lightly.

“Harry?” I barely got out through a whisper. Harry was fuming, and his hands were balled into fists. I saw him huffing, and his teeth were clenched. Something ticked him off, whatever that was.

“Where the hell have you been, Chloe? I've been sitting here, waiting for you for over an fucking hour. I was worried about you.” He gritted, and took a step closer. I opened and closed my mouth several times, not knowing what to say. Harry's glared softened slightly when he looked me deeply in the eyes. My heart stung as soon I looked into those sparkling blue eyes. They had just thrown back two years worth of memories into my head as I stood there dumbfounded.

“What the hell happened to the bathroom mirror?” He asked with a serious tone. I blinked several times, and shifted uncomfortably as I looked at my bruised knuckles. Harry caught this, and looked at my cut hand with a pained expression. I looked at feet, and then looked up at Niall quickly. He gave me a protective look, and the corners of my mouth twitched up into a smile. I looked back at Harry, and the smile faded. He gave Niall a hard glare, causing him to growl. I played with the hem of the hoodie I was wearing, and swallowed the lump in my throat.

“W-What are you doing here?” I stuttered, and I felt Harry's warm breath beaming on my face. My heart was beating quickly, and I felt like my pelvis was going to explode. I wanted Harry. Right here, right now. That's how much I missed him.

“Am I not allowed to be in my own god damn apartment anymore?” He barked, causing me to flinch slightly. My tears were officially gone, and my stomach had butterflies.

“N-no it's just...the show.” I tried choosing my words carefully, but it just came out like rubbish.

“We all got a week off to visit family, so I came here to see you. I wanted to surprise you but you never answered the fucking door. I let myself in just to find the bathroom trashed, and you out with some guy.” He sneered, and my mouth dropped slightly. Was he really jealous of Niall?

“I needed to get my mind off some things.” I mumbled, and Harry chuckled bitterly as he looked away from my gaze. He run his fingers through his soft curls before looking at me sharply.

“Am I one of those things you need to get your mind off of?” He snapped, and I avoided eye contact. I heard huff, and laugh angry. I felt tears form in my eyes as I wrapped my arms around my torso.

“Did you fuck him?” He asked, and my jaw dropped. I looked up at him with wide eyes. I felt a tear escape, and I shook my head fiercely.

“Who could you even ask me that?” I asked shocked, and Harry grinned evilly. He glared at me, and bit his lip hard. My bottom lip began to wobble, and wiped away a tear.

“What about you? If anybody here isn't loyal, it's you.” I gritted, and Harry's glared went away as shock filled his face. His jaw dropped, and he stepped closer to me.

“What the hell are you talking about? I’ve been away, hurting over being away from you for five fucking weeks.” He shouted into my face, and I flinched. Niall growled, and stepped in front of me protectively.

“Hey, I think it's time you leave.” Niall suggested, and Harry's expression turned into shock. He let out a laugh, and looked at me like Niall was crazy.