Chapter 13: Yours

Chapter 13: Yours

9.15.08

I stared at the numbers that inked Harry's flesh. I was barely breathing, and my eyes stung. I was a loss for words as I stared at the fresh tattoo. Harry had tattooed the first we ever met onto his back, and I hated it. I hated it because I was going to break his heart. I had to. It was the only way to save his career from his baby.

I took a step closer to Harry as he held his head down. He had a slow, and steady breathing pattern as he stared at his shoes. I swallowed the lump in my throat, and held out a shaky hand. My fingertips gently brushed his delegate skin softly as I traced the tattoo. Harry rose his head slightly, and looked at me over his shoulder with pleading eyes.

“Do you like it?” He whispered with pain in his voice. I looked into his eyes softly with pain in my own, and blinked slowly. I looked away, and dropped my hand to my sigh. I began to softly nibble on my bottom lip as I let out a soft sigh.

“Harry, I...” I paused. I had no idea what I wanted to say, or what I was going to say because honestly, I didn't know how I felt about it. Harry had inked his skin permanently with something regarding our relationship. A relationship that no longer existed.

I looked at the tattoo once more before looking back into Harry's pleading eyes. I closed my mouth tightly, and stared back at him with a hard expression. I began to slowly blink away tears, so I looked back down at my hands. I began playing with my thumbs slowly, and I licked my lips.

“W-why did you get it, Harry?” I whispered, and looked back up at him through my lashes. Harry's eyebrows furrowed, and he turned around once again. He bare, naked chest was radiating heat as his breathing picked up. I felt Harry softly grasp my chin as he motioned me to look into his eyes. They were dark, and questioning. Two things I hated.

“Were you not listening to a damn thing I just said?” He gritted, and I flinched softly. Harry’s grip got slightly tighter on my chin, and his breathing got faster. My eyes stung with tears, and fear grew in my body.

“Weather you like it or not, that day was important for the both of us.” He snapped angrily, and my eyes began watering. I pushed Harry's grasp away from my chin, and stepped away. I turned away from his stare, and crossed my arms around my chest. I sniffled softly, and a small tear escaped.

“Tattoos are permanent, Harry.” I gritted, and quickly wiped away the tear. I looked over my shoulder at Harry, and glared at him. He just stood there, emotionless. His eyes were dark, and his skin was paler than usually. He continued to stand there, shirtless as I turned on my heel. I was now facing him, and I looked at my toes to avoid eye contact. I let my hair as a curtain to cover up my eyes, and I took a deep breath.

“I just don't understand why you would make that kind of commitment.” I whispered, and I could of sworn I heard Harry growl. I saw his dark shadow move on the floor as he took a step closer. I felt his warm breath on my skin, and I looked up at him through my lashes. Harry looked at me with anger in his eyes, and my eyebrows furrowed.

Why?” He clenched his jaw tightly, and his hands balled into tight fists. I heard his heavy breathing from in front of me, and my heart sped up. “because you're worth it.” He finished, and let out a heavy breath. His hands began to slowly unclench, and his eyes began to soften as he reached out for me. His shaky hand cupped my cheek softly, and his looked at the floor. I saw his Adam’s apple move when he swallowed the lump in his throat, and his tongue slowly dampened his lips when he licked them.

“You're worth me tattooing my skin, you're worth me giving up my time, you're worth every damn thing I have, Chloe.” He tried convincing me, and I pulled my cheek away from his grasp. I looked over at the metal desks, and sighed. I began to take baby steps away from Harry, and I moved my hair out of my eyes. I paused for a moment, and continued to stare at the desk. I heard nothing but Harry's soft breathing, and the sound of my own thoughts. I opened, and closed my mouth many times as I tried gathering the right words.