Chapter 5: Flashbacks

I was wrapped up in my arms as I stared at the ceiling. I didn't move. I felt that if I let go of my body, i'd fall apart. Harry was the only thing that kept me going, and he was gone.

It has been forty-eight hours since Harry had left, and it felt like like a decade. We went from spending every second together, from skyping every once in a while.

I haven't showered since Harry left, and I barely left the the house. The bills were piling up, and I didn't care. I wanted Harry, nothing else. I didn't care if we lost the apartment, and I didn't care if I stunk. The only thing I needed was to be held in his arms, and tell me i'm loved.

There was a knock at the door, and I didn't bother answering it. Whoever it was could wait. I was busy. Busy hurting.

I rolled over onto my side, and snuggled into Harry's pillow. It still smelt like him, and it made me feel like he was still here in a way.

I inhaled deeply, and cuddled into it. Harry was definitely more comfortable and smelt way better, but this would have to do.

I sighed, and my eyes began to slowly slide open. I blinked a couple of times before my vision cleared up, and I was now staring at a picture of Harry and I. It was one of my favorites. Harry was giving me a piggy-back ride, and I was resting my chin on the top of his head. Harry was laughing in the photo, and it made us look like a happy couple...which we were. Most of the time.

I smiled small, and snuggled into his pillow even more. Nothing would make me happier than to have him here right now, but life was never fair.

Over the time i've been gone, it's given me plenty of time to over think my relationship with Harry. I still remembered the first time I had talked to Harry like it was a week ago. He was the first person to even spark an interest in what I was doing.

-September, 2008-

I walked down the noisy hallways of what appeared to be Mountain Ridge High School. Nobody acknowledged me, or talked to me. They just continued their conversations as I walked to English. English was my favorite subject. I loved reading, and writing wasn't so bad either.

As usual I was the first one to show up. Class didn't start for another seven minutes, and nobody liked being early. Nobody except me.

I took my usual seat in the back of the room, and pulled out the book I was reading; Kissed by an Angel.

It was a decent book where the love of her life dies in a car accident and he's now become her gardian angel. He wasn't allowed to move onto heaven until he completed the task he was assigned, and his task...was to protect her. Protect her from somebody who was out to kill her.

I wish I had somebody to protect me.

I was focused on the text in front of me, and heard light footsteps. I figured it was just the teacher setting up, so I ignored it. Mr. Hamilton was used to me being early by now.

I soon found out it wasn't Mr. Hamilton when I heard the chair next to my screetch arcossed the floor. I quickly took a peek, and saw that it was a boy. But not just any boy, an extremely handsome one.

He was about 5'10, and has light brown curls on the top of his head. I didn't quite see his face, but I did see a deep dimple on his left cheek. Awe.

I quickly looked back at my bookand tried to read once again, but couldn't. I couldn't concentrate. There was forty seats in this class, and he sat next to me. Why? Why me? I was a nobody. A loser. I was just...Chloe Sanders.