Chapter 19: Thirteen

The sound of footsteps ran past me faster than I could comprehend that I was it. Little did everyone know that they were running from me this time. I was the murderer.

My feet felt heavy underneath me, and the small ax felt four times heavier in the back of my pants. I gripped onto it, feeling the prickly wood against my sweaty palms. I stopped and made my way towards the kitchen, carefully listening for anyone. A million thoughts ran through my head. I couldn't think straight.

I saw a light quickly pass me. The light ran from the cabinet and into the entry room. It was the woman with the distorted body. I followed her. I followed her because if I could kill her, I wouldn't have to kill Jasper, Tate, or Caroline; that is if I came across them. That left me the choice to kill the woman.

I went after her, slowly making my way through the darkness. I managed to catch sight of the light that came from her throat on the second floor. It entered my room. I made my way upstairs and headed straight for my room. When I got close, the light from the moon shone in front of my door where I found Caroline standing. She looked at me with a smile, excited to see something I couldn't. I walked behind her to see what she was looking at. It was the distorted woman. 

All of a sudden, she ran past Caroline and me

All of a sudden, she ran past Caroline and me. She went into Caleb's room. I followed after her. Once in his room, the light from his lava lamp kept turning on and off. I didn't know why. It lit up the room each second then plunged into darkness the next second. Just then, I saw something in Caleb's closet. It was her. With each second the lava lamp clicked on, she got closer and closer until her hand was on my face. 

I struggled and swung the ax around, but kept missing with every swing

I struggled and swung the ax around, but kept missing with every swing. I was pushed down to the floor, my head bumping into another head. Without thinking, I swung the ax to the side. The sound of the ax resting itself on the neck of my victim made me sick to my stomach. I'll tell you now, this wasn't the worse part.

"I found a dead body," Jasper's voice filled the air. I heard the sadness coming from his voice.

The lights came on. Standing in front of me was Jasper and the woman. Sat up on her knees, with wide eyes staring at me and a bleeding neck with an ax engulfed inside, was Caroline. My legs weakened, and I fell to the floor. Mrs. Harmon came in and walked toward her body. She closed Caroline's eyes herself then lifted her up. Jasper grabbed Mrs. Harmon, and she kicked him away. He then pulled at the string on his lips, but it wouldn't come off.

He then pulled at the string on his mouth, but it wouldn't come off. Jasper yanked the stitches off of his lips by force, and his lips started to bleed. He faced me, a face red and full of hatred.

"How could you!" he yelled, grabbing me by the neck. Tears ran down his cheeks, and they ran down mine as well. I wasn't even focused on him. I focused more on Mrs. Harmon leaving the room with Caroline. I had killed her.

Mr. Harmon walked in. He grabbed Jasper off of me. "Come on, you shouldn't have done that, boy. I'm afraid it'll be more painful this time.

I followed Mr. Harmon out of the room and back to the entry room. Jasper glanced back at me a few times. The last thing I needed was another enemy and that's exactly what I got.

In the entry room, everyone watched as Jasper got his strings sewn on. His scream echoed throughout the whole house. I felt the warm tears roll down my cheeks.

When Mrs. Harmon was done, Mr. Harmon handed out the cards. Mine was blank and I was very okay with that. However, before the lights turned off, Jasper looked at his card then faced me. The grin on his face scared me more than anything right now.

"Lights off! Begin."