Right By My Side

A couple of weeks later, we were settled in. We were staying with one of Marciello's buddies in Colombia.

Through the weeks he practically ignored me and avoided me at all cost. Sometimes he even brought women over.

The weeks here were annoying. I was always tired and my back hurt constantly.

"¿Bien?", Marciello's friend, Lael, asked. (You okay?)

"Sí," I nodded.

"Hay algunos alimentos en la cocina, si tiene hambre," he said. (There's some food in the kitchen, if your hungry.)

"Sí estoy, gracias," I said. (Yeah I am, thanks.)

I got up and went into the kitchen. I saw that they had some bread and a little bit of fruit. I felt my appetite spark, I piled some on my plate and started eating. I was so hungry.

"Es un apetito que tienes," Lael said. (That's quite an appetite you have.)

"Lo siento, perdóname por mi falta de modales," I said. (I'm sorry, forgive me for my lack of manners.)

"Está bien, las mujeres embarazadas suelen tienen grandes apetitos," he said. (It's okay, pregnant women usually have big appetites.)

My eyes widened.

"Vi la prueba," he said. (I saw the test.)

"No te digo Marciello, ¿no?", I asked.

"No le digo," he said. (I didn't tell him.) I sighed in relief.

"You should tell him though," he said, switching to English.

"No, I doubt he wants it anyway. It's clear he's moved on, he would just feel like I'm trying to trap him with this baby. After this is over we will go our separate ways and never see each other again," I said.

''But is that what you want?", Lael asked.

"It doesn't matter. I made a mistake and now I have to pay the consequences," I said.

"That is right, but sometimes you have to fight for things. I know you and Marciello love ea-

"He doesn't love me," I said.

"Your stupid if you believe that. Real love doesn't just fade away because of one mistake," he said.

"How do you know we have real love?", I asked.

"I see the way you look at each other, its pretty obvious," he said. This time I didn't have anything to say, I just continued eating.

"Make sure you wear protective clothing, these mosquitoes have zika virus and it can affect the baby," Lael said. I nodded. I heard the door open and Marciello came in.

"Did you speak with Marciano?", I asked.

"Yeah, he's doing good. I have someone looking over him," Marciello said gruffly. I nodded and just played with my grapes. The tension in the room was thick.

"Marciello, I need to talk with you," Lael said. Marciello nodded and went with him.

Marciello's P.O.V.

"So what's going on with you and Belle?", Lael asked me.

"Nothing. I'm thinking about getting the divorce papers so we can just move on with life," I said.

"Why? I know somethings have happened, but you can't just give up," Lael said.

"I can't even fucking look at her the same," I said.

"Marciello in all fairness you both have done some pretty fucked up things to each other. I'm not justifying what Belle did, but she was young. She practically just met you at the time and she was really confused. When we were young we did some dumb shit too," Lael said.

"You don't get it, Lael," I said.

"I do get it. When I was young I fucked over Marissa so many times, I made so many mistakes, but she still forgave me. I learned from my mistakes and changed into a better person. Obviously Belle has learned her lesson, she loves you,'' Lael said.

"I know that but I just can't get over-", I paused slightly scared to say it out loud.

"You can't get over what?", Lael asked.

"Marciano isn't mine. I did the paternity test," I said, sucking in a breath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think?