Love & Lost

I sat in the hospital, tears leaking out of my eyes.

The baby was dead...gone and I could never have it back.

Stormie stood by my side comforting me.

"I can't do it anymore. I'm done," I said.

"With what?", she asked.

"With Marciello. I love him so much, but I can't let him treat me like this," I said.

"That's understandable. When are you leaving?", she asked.

"Tonight. I can't spend another day with him," I said. Stormie nodded and hugged me.

"Where's Marciano?", I asked.

"He's...at the house," Stormie said.

"Let's go," I said. I got up from the hospital bed and put my shoes on.

Stormie nodded and grabbed her car keys. We left out the hospital and went into the car.

"Can I see your phone?", I asked her. She nodded and handed it over.

I dialed Alejandro's number.

"Hello?", he said.

"Hey, this is Belle. I'm coming with you," I said.

"Do you need me to pick you up?", he asked.

"Yes. 2345 DeathRow Drive," I said.

"Okay. I'll be there in 5," he said.

''Thanks," I said.

"No problem, see you soon," he said. I hung up the phone as soon as we arrived at the house.

"Marciano!", I shouted as I walked in. Marciano came running down the stairs.

"Mommy. Where were you?," he asked pouting.

"Somewhere. Don't worry about it. Wait with Stormie," I said. He nodded and went over to her.

I went up the stairs and went into my room. I went in my closet and started packing things in my suitcase.

"Your just going to leave?", Marciello asked.

"Yes. I'm so done with you. We're over," I said, stuffing more clothes in.

"Belle, please baby. I'm sorry, I didn't mea-

"You never mean to do anything. I'm tired Marciello. I'm tired of letting people control me. I want to live my own life. I want to provide a better life for me and my son. That's all that matters to me. I'm going to college and I'm going to do what I always wanted," I said as I zipped up my suitcase.

I went into Marciano's room and packed up his suitcase. I saw Marciello, looking at me with tear-stained cheeks.

"I love you," Marciello said.

"I love you too, but sometimes love isn't enough. Goodbye Marciello,'' I said. I went down the stairs and heard a car hunk.

"Thanks Stormie, for everything," I said. I left out with Marciano and we got in Alejandro's car. He drove off and I felt my heart break.

I loved Marciello so much and I wanted to turn this car around and go back to him, but I knew I couldn't do that.

All my life I was abused and it's time to change that. I deserve so much better for myself and Marciano doesn't deserve to be in a dysfunctional household.

"Are you okay?", Alejandro asked. I nodded.

"No your not, your crying," he said. He pulled over and wiped my tears.

"Talk to me," he said. I looked back at Marciano. I didn't want him hearing this.

"Hey, do you like music?", Alejandro asked Marciano. Marciano nodded and Alejandro handed him an iPod.

"This has some nice songs,'' he said.

"Thank you mister," Marciano said as he put the headphones over his ear.

"No problem kiddo," Alejandro said. He turned back to me.

"Tell me, maybe I can help," he said.

"There's no way this can be reversed. I lost my baby," I said as a new pack of tears came out.

"Belle. I'm so sorry," he said as he hugged me. I cried harder.

"It will all be okay trust me," he said as he kissed my forehead and held me tighter.