fourteen; end

"Thanks," Jake whispers one night.

"For what?" Tommy asks, looking at Jake in confusion. "For telling you the truth?"

"No," Jake mumbles, turning his face into Tommy's shoulder. "For making me feel human again."

Tommy feels himself blush all the way up to his forehead. "Any sane person would do that."

"But you're the first who's tried," Jake says, and he's blushing too, one hand scratching awkwardly at the baby hairs at the back of his neck.

Tommy's not sure what to say to that. He just presses a kiss against Jake's temple and hopes he gets the message.

Jakes smiles against his collarbone, and yeah. He does.

--

ANNOUNCEMENT 6/11/2017: I've partnered with Tapas to bring you guys a new, revised version of HUMAN I think you guys will love! If you can, please check it out through the external link and tell me what you think :) (more info can be found on my profile)

--

Thank you so much for reading HUMAN! I have so much love for this story and it means so much to me that you guys feel the same. If you like my writing, please check out my other works. I have a couple short stories and a novella up right now, and I'm just starting a full-length novel called FAIRY TALES that I'm really proud of.

Thanks again for reading my little story.

- Alex (A. C. Wyatt)

          twitter/instagram: alexisabooknerd

          tumblr: alexofthewriterpeople