chapter thirty seven

Start from the beginning

No harm in a mate taking care of a mate. The beast just felt like Zero was being greedy with their brother. Keeping him in a lock bedroom when he doesn't want people to get too close to him. If anything would to happen, they would have to break down the door to get to him.

With a turn of the head, they noticed that Langdon was looking over at them. Jace smiled and waved, Jalin nodded his head. Langdon gave off happy vibes. Langdon would always make contact with them after Zero opened the door or let him off of his arm for a moment.

“He’s only protecting Langdon,” Tatom sat down with Dalson beside Jalin and Jace. “You know this.”

“That doesn’t mean we have to like it Tatom,” Dalson growled. “You don’t feel what we feel. And our damn beast is keeping their mouths shut.”

“Calm down,” Tatom teased. “I do believe the Alpha would kick our butts if you start another fire.”

Dalson grumbled to himself. So what if he burnt down a shed, it was in his way on trying to find his baby brother. Who cared if the grass caught during the destruction of the shed and sent a blaze towards the trees? His brother was missing and no one was working fast enough for him.

Taking in a deep breath, he blew out a stream of smoke. Tatom rubbed his arm as he whispered that was hot. Dalson looked down at his mate from the corner of his eye and winked. Tatom knew the right things to say to keep him calm. Calm is what he needed to remain as. Like his little brother and his mate, he too felt the change in the air.

“Hey,” Max announced his arrival. “Come closer.” He walked on to the group in front of them. “Guys, Jen has some information. There was a wolf that was capture by Savage’s men days ago. No one knows the she wolfs name. We do know that she was fighting to get to this territory.”

“What does she look like?”

“A tan colored wolf. That’s all we know.”

“She was in wolf form? During the day or the night?”

“Day, sticking to the woods.” Max replied as he looked down at the phone in his hand. “Jen is trying to find out more information for us.”

“Why are we just hearing about this?” Aaron asked. “We could have helped her a few days ago.”

Shrugging, “Man I don’t know what’s going on. All I know is this wolf was coming to you guys for help.”

Zero growled, “We need to get a handle on this damn territory or Dad is going to lose it before we can blink our damn eyes. Jace!” He looked back towards the small wolf, “You, Tatom and Langdon head to Bailey’s. Tell Jimmy to let go of her and get his butt back here now.” Langdon laughed, his mother found love! “Knock it off,” Zero nudged him. “Aaron, get Josh and met me in the field. We are running the boundary. Jalin, Dalson I want you to go around the creek, see if you can pick up anything.”

“What if we find something?” A wick smile fell upon Dalson’s lips.

“Capture for now. They fight, you can have had it.”

Jalin and Dalson struck their hands together as they high-fived each other. Setting off, they heard Jalin tease his brother that he would find the enemy first.

“Tibitha what are you doing?” Angus glared over at her as she went through a box of Kagen’s belongings.

“I’m just looking; he says he doesn’t hold anything on Langdon. Something tells me is his lying.”

“He doesn’t one particular book or scroll on the Empathy. Just passages through out the books. What he does hold, he’s keeping on his person.” Malroy answered. “Now get out of it before he snaps again.”