Nine

After William showed Johnny and Moonnight to their room, they decided to a little bit of exploring. "This place is huge." Johnny commented as they walked down a tunnel.
"Mm, yes," Moonnight agreed. "But I do wish they'd make it a little taller for us dragons." Johnny laughed.
"Yeah, that would be nice, huh?"
Moonnight did not comment. Finally they reached the end of the tunnel where daylight greeted them. They were on the second floor, and Johnny leaned over the railings to get a better view of the first floor below.

"You know," said a voice behind him. Johnny swung around to see a young girl around Johnny's age he'd guest. "You can always go down there yourself to get a better view, because it looks like you were going to fall." She smiled. She had golden wavy hair with sky blue eyes that shined brighter than the sky itself. "You're the new rider that everyone's talking about, right?" She continued.
"I guess so," Johnny said. "How does everyone know about me being here exactly?" The girl laughed.
"Oh, trust me, word gets around pretty fast here," her smile and her laugh was almost too perfect, Johnny thought. "I'm Willy." She said.

"Johnathan, but I usually go by Johnny." She smiled again. Then, she looked up Moonnight.
"And what you dragon's name be?" Willy ask.
"That's Moonnight." Johnny said. Willy's eyes brighten.
"Wow, that's a real pretty name you gave her."
"And your name is also pretty." Moonnight said.
"Oh, jeez no," Willy said shaking her head. "If you knew my full name then you won't saying that." Moonnight tilted her head at the young girl.
"And what that might be?" She ask. Willy hesitated.
"Well, its, well, its, um, Wilia," Willy said. "Its a stupid name, I know. So that's why I go as Willy."

Johnny didn't thing her name was stupid, he thought it was pretty. "I like it." Johnny blurted out and Willy blushed.
"Well, come on. I'll take you two down toward the training floor." Willy said. Once they got there, Johnny could hear the clinging of swords more loudly and clearer.
"This is where we train," Willy said. "Its where we sharpen our skills and sharpen our minds." Johnny could clearly see where the sorcerers trained by the way they cast their magic and spells. And he could see where the shape shifters train by how they changed forms and also where the riders train because their dragons were by their side.

"So, which one do you fit in?" Johnny ask.
"Mm, oh! I'm a sorcerer." Willy said. She then faced Johnny and held out her hand palm face up. A light ball of white fire flickered in her hand. Johnny looked at it in awe. She then twisted her hand to where the flame went out.
"Wow." Johnny breathed, he wished he could do that. Then, he heard shouts coming toward them.
"Come on Melissa!" Called a voice. "We're not done, come back! Its all in good fun!" A young girl about he age of ten walked away from a boy also I about the age of ten. They both had dragons. They two dragon were the size of a horse. They laid next to each other watching their riders fight.

"No way, Chase!" The girl called Melissa yelled. "You're always so rough with me." She threw down her sword and sat next to the light blue dragon, which Johnny thought was to be hers.
"Because, I have to!" The boy called Chase says.
"Who are they?" Johnny ask.
"Oh, those two?" Willy said. "Their our youngest people here. Both riders. The elders say they won't be going any battle any time soon."

The boy Chase notice Johnny staring at them. "What are you staring at?" The boy sneered.
"Oh, leave him alone, Chase." The girl Melissa said. She smiled shyly at Johnny. "Hi! You must be the new rider!" Man, Willy wasn't lying when she said that word gets around quickly here. Johnny thought.
"Uh, I'm Johnathan." Johnny said walking up to the girl.

"Melissa! And that grumpy grump person over there is Chase." Melissa laughed. Chase scowled.
"Oh, yeah. I've met your family a couple weeks ago... They told me to tell you that they miss you." Johnny told Chase. Chase eyes widen.
"H-how do you know my family?" He stammered.
"Me and Moonnight here crashed at your farm during a storm."

Chase said nothing, he just nodded.
"So, your dragon's name is Moonnight?" Melissa ask.
"Yup."
"That's pretty, this is my dragon Crystal. And this is Chase's dragon Volcano."
Johnny nodded. "Those are very nice names. How'd you come up with them?"
"Oh, that's easy," Melissa waved a hand at him. "I found Crystal at a cave filled with crystal rocks. And she shined as bright as they did."

"I named Volcano because his scales remind me of lava." Chase said simply.
"What about you? How'd you come up with Moonnight?" Melissa ask with amazement.
"Well, I was in my bed staring at my window, and I notice how Moonnight matched the night sky and how she reflected the moon." Johnny told them. Melissa's eyes shined like the stars themselves.

"Well," Willy said. "I think it's time you two went back to your training, I still need show our new recruit the place and get him set up."
"Aw, alright," Melissa said sadly. "See you later Johnathan! It was nice to meet you!" Chase just nodded,
"yup." He said. Willy motioned Johnny to follow.

Willy showed Johnny the rest of the mountain. She showed him the lunch room, the library, restrooms, and the armory. She gave him a sword, so that he could practice whenever he wanted. By the time the sun started to go down, they both went to get dinner with the others. Then Johnny and Moonnight made their way back to their room. The room was huge. It fit both him and Moonnight. Moonnight was able to fit in without bumping her head. She went over to where it looked a bed for a dragon.

Johnny went over to his bed and laid down, exhausted.
"I would have preferred to sleep underneath the stars, but I guess this will do." Moonnight said.
"Yeah, but beggars can't be choosers." Johnny yawned.
"A fair point," Moonnight agreed. "Good night my little star." Then all was silence as they slept in their new home.