Three

Johnny sat there staring, not at the arrow, but at the egg. He shook his head in disbelief. He looked around and grabbed the nearest stick and pushed himself up. Using the stick as a cane he wobbled over to the broken tree trunk. Kneeling down he exam the egg. It was a beautiful dark blue with light blue swrils around it. It was so smooth in his ruff hands, he liked the feel of it. Then, the egg gave a shock that ran up Johnny's arm. He yelped and let go of the egg. He watched as the egg began to crack. A piece of the shell flew off revealing an eye. The eye pupil was gray and lifeless.

Reaching over Johnny start picking off the rest of shell. "Hang on there little fella." Johnny said as he picked off the last piece at the top of the egg. The little creature shook its head as eggs shells flung everywhere and some landed on Johnny's face. "Yuck." He spat. The creature rolled over in the egg, until it tipped on its side. It crawled and stumbling over its feet. The creature was a pretty dark blue that matched the night sky. It spread its wings, flexing it. Johnny went wide eye. "You're a dragon." He breathed. He heard many tales of dragons and riders from his mother, but he never thought he'll actually meet one.

The little dragon looked up at Johnny, and to his amazement the dragons eyes began to change color, blue, red, black, brown, then green. His eye colors. "Cool." He breathed again. The little dragon began to purr and rubbed against his side. Smiling he petted its back, making it purr louder. "Well," he said. "I can't just leave you here and do need to get back." Trying to stand up, he hissed in pain as he put pressure on his injured leg. He yanked the arrow out of the tree, and looked down at the dragon, who looked up at him. Opening his satchel he brought with him, he picked up the heavy dragon placed it in his satchel. The dragon squirm, and yelped as Johnny did so."Stay in here and be quiet, got it."

Limping Johnny eventually made it out of the forest, where his father was waiting for him. When his father finally noticed him he said, "Its about damm time you got here." Then his father's face toward worried as he saw his son limping, then finally crashed into the ground, letting out a cry of agony. Quickly he ran to his son, and notice his swollen leg, it was purple and puffy,
"I got your arrow." Johnny said, giving his father the arrow. The little dragon desperately tried to escape his satchel, but Johnny, hugged the satchel to his chest, keeping the dragon from leaving.
Shaking his head, he snatched the arrow out of Johnny's hand and tossed it aside, and scooped Johnny up in his arms. "Johnny...." He breathed, and made their way home.

His father pushed, opening the front door with ease. His mother gasped at the sight of husband carrying her son. "What happened!!!" She gasped.
"I fell," Johnny said, "and busted my ankle." She put her hands to face and shook her head.
"Go get the town healer Jane, he'll be fine." His father said walking into Johnny's room. Nodding Jane ran out of the house with his sister, Netty by her side.

"It's broken alright." Said the healer. "So tell me again what happened, Lad." The healer wore a robe and glasses. Most people would call him the town's witch, because he worked with potions and had a lot of knowledge.
"I was in the woods, looking for the arrow my father told me fetch, I tripped and fell down a hill." Johnny told the healer.
"Um, I see..... Oliver! My bag please." The boy known as Oliver, sat on the floor on the opposite side of the room, sitting criss cross, with a black and white kitten in his lap. Like his father, Oliver wore glasses and a robe. Getting up, he reached over got his father's bag. The kitten meowed as he got. "Here, Papa." He said.
"Thank you, my boy." His father said and rummaged through his bag. Oliver sat down by the bed sitting criss cross again. With a click of his tongue, the kitten came pounding over to him. The kitten had fangs that were too big for its tiny size.

"Oh, my goodness! What kind of cat is that?" Johnny's mother exclaim.
"A very special one, ma'm. Isn't that right Raven." Oliver said, as he scratch the kittens back, and she meowed in response. The healer grabbed three small wooden planks and a white cloth bandage. He placed two of the wooded planks on each side of Johnny's broken ankle, then placed the other on the bottom of his foot, and then began to wrap it up in the cloth.
"Don't mind, the little werecat," He said still wrapping up Johnny's leg, "Oliver found the little thing in the woods, injured. Brings the little thing home and fixes it up, she's been loyal to him ever since," Shaking his head, he finished with Johnny's leg. "There. Now he needs rest. And I don't expect him to walk on that for a least a week or so."

"Thank you." Johnny's mother said.
"How much do we owe you?" Johnny's father ask.
"None." The healer said packing up his things. "Come along Oliver." Oliver followed his father out, with Raven in his arms. Johnny's father followed soon afterwards. His mother stayed behind and smooth down Johnny's hair. "You ought to be careful next time Johnathan. No more tripping over trees and falling down hills." She smiled sweetly at her son. Kissing him lightly on the forehead, she left the room closing the door, leaving Johnny alone.
The little dragon, kicked and squirmed inside Johnny's satchel. Hearing the little dragon's squealing, Johnny reached over his bed, grabbing the satchel from the floor, and put it on his bed.

He flipped it open and the dragon immediately jumped out at him. Falling back on his bed, the dragon sat on his chest, staring at him curiously. "Get.... Off." Johnny huffed, as he pushed it off of him. Purring the dragon curled up next to him and started to fall asleep. Johnny started to pet the sleeping dragon, smoothing down its wings. It swooshed its tail, from the edge of the bed. Johnny watched the tail, swing back and forth, and notice something. This dragon didn't have its normal arrowhead at the end of it. "You're a girl." He breathed. He looked outside to see the setting sun, and sky turning dark, dark as the color of his new dragon. Night. Johnny stared at the moon, that was starting turning visible in the night sky. His eyes lit up. "That's what I'll name you," he decided. He looked down at the dragon and smile. "Moonnight."

Hey don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT and also doing forget to ask those questions, either on this story or my previous series!!!! See ya later Cubs!!! Bye!!!