Chapter 15: Hell & Nightmares (FIVE YEARS LATER) - LAST CHAPTER!

Chapter 15: Hell & Nightmares (FIVE YEARS LATER) – LAST CHAPTER!

The same year Teddy killed my father, the city of Tokyo started to go to Hell. Not only were more civilians starting to get killed, but the CCG discovered 30 investigators that were corrupt in some way. Some let Ghouls pay them money to avoid getting killed, while others withheld important information which in turn was used to blackmail Ghouls into killing for them. When this happened, many residents decided to move, reducing the prey population for Ghouls. This led to Ghouls starting to attack one another... Eating one another... Even though issues with Ghouls has increased in Tokyo, the CCG has not sent reinforcements. Why kill Ghouls yourself when you can just have them kill one another?

Tokyo is my home, and I can't bring myself to leave. I can't bring myself to leave, even though my smell, which is mostly human, could get me killed. HE can't bring himself to leave either. Nightmare or Eyepatch or Kaneki Ken... He has many names. He tells me that he can't bring himself to leave since his friends haven't left... He'll only leave when they leave.

"When do you think this will all end?" I ask him, meanwhile sighing at the sight of two Ghouls fighting over the right to a finger. "Do you think it will end when we stop fighting over the meat the CCG leaves us? Do you think the meat could be poisoned?" Nightmare stays quiet for a moment as he thinks... And as his eyes wander as he thinks... I can't help but feel that even he must have to search for answers sometimes.

"I'm not sure," he says in a quiet voice, "all I do know is that we need to stop fighting amongst ourselves. It isn't right." Just as he finishes speaking, I can't help but to hear a quiet clicking sound.

"It seems that the CCG wants us dead... they even sent us some company," I say with a sad chuckle, "Don't they know that we're dangerous... That we're trouble?"

"Known together as Double Trouble or Yin and Yang," a feminine voice says, with a tone of disgust, "you are on the CCG's top ten most wanted. Prepare to die."

"Sorry," I say, with a smirk, "Dying isn't something I do... But getting hurt is," motioning to the stump that is the remains of my left arm, " do me a favor and don't cut of the other arm. A leg is fine though. After all, I only need an arm and a leg to kick your ass." Within a few seconds Nightmare and charging at the investigator and her partner. Within a few seconds, two of us are dead, and two of us are alive.

"Nice job, you filthy ghoul lover," Nightmare says, giving me a light pat on the back. "If you keep fighting like that you won't need me to survive."

"You're wrong," I respond, gazing straight into his mismatched eyes, "I can't survive without you... Without someone who knows what it is like to be human and not, all at the same time."

My words earn me a small smile from him. "I don't think I could survive without you either," he says, all the while ruffling my dark hair. The motion reminds me of something a father would do... In this moment, I let myself pretend that Nightmare is my father. I let myself pretend that IT never happened... That my real father never tried to kill me... I let myself pretend that I never hurt Teddy or Grizzly... I let myself pretend that I never killed Vulture. I let myself pretend that it was all just a nightmare.

/THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR READING THIS OC CENTERED STORY! It means a lot to me. I'm sad that it's over... But then again, it's not truly over. Although I currently have writer's block on it, I started another oc centered Tokyo Ghoul fanfic called before & after, which is (kinda) spin off story. It is about a Ghoul Investigator who blackmails a Ghoul into killing other investigators so he can rise in rank faster. A second Ghoul Investigator finds out about it and decides to do the unthinkable... He decides to help the Ghoul. I'll put a link in the comments. Anyways, thanks again! -Nika/