Chapter 7: Alternative

"No," Vulture's refusal is fast. "Never."

"You seem mistaken," I respond in a stern tone, "I wasn't asking. Then again you do have two options... You COULD say no... That answer would result in me getting help from someone else. Perhaps I could attempt to recreate the incident that led to Eyepatch becoming a Ghoul..."

"NO! I WON'T LET ANOTHER GHOUL TOUCH YOU" Vulture hollers, "Anything but that!" His voice, once loud, begins to soften as he adds, "Please, anything but that..."

"Or you can do as I say," I respond, letting a small smirk form upon your face. "Either way you'll have to say goodbye to the Porcelain that you know now... Can you do that, Vulture-kun?" With a shaky nod he agrees to help me. I tempted to praise him like you would a dog but decide against it... I mustn't let myself get attached... I will probably have to kill him soon...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I admire the scar like one would admire a well done tattoo. It is nice looking- No it is BEAUTIFUL. It represents yet another stage of my transformation. "Now, I wonder... Will I gain some of your kagune out of this?" I ask a sleeping Vulture. He continues to snore, seeming to not have heard my words. "Why don't we find out?"

Walking with quiet steps within one of alleyways that are a part of Vulture's territory, I seek out the ideal first meal. Although it would be quite entertaining to play with a Ghoul Investigator, I don't feel like dealing with food that can fight back.

I can't help but let a grin spread across my face as I come across a stumbling, and assumably drunk human. Ah yes, they will do. "Goodnight, idiot," I say, earning myself a confused mumble in response from the drunk human. Before they get a chance to try to rephrase their mumble into an actual sentence, my kagune slices their head off. I approach the body with deliberately slow footsteps, meanwhile trying to commit this very scene to memory. In this moment, I will consume my first meal. In this moment, I will become stronger!

Kneeling before the body, I decide to take eat an arm first. IT TASTES HORRIBLE! WHY DOES IT TASTE HORRIBLE? Spitting out the chunk of arm I had intended to consume, I utter a string of curses. Damn Vulture tricked me... He just gave me a scar to make it seem like he did what I asked. Upon realizing this, I can feel the searing hot feeling of anger course through my veins.

"THAT BASTARD," I snarl, meanwhile rising from my kneeling position. "Perhaps I should kill him sooner rather than later..."

"You smell strange," an unfamiliar voice says, from somewhere behind me. "You smell a lot like a human... Are you a human? If so, where did the Ghoul go that killed your pal?" The voice is raspy and sounds like a smoker's voice.

"I am a Ghoul," I respond, all the while having my translucent kagune ready to go, in case I need to fight.

"Prove it," the voice says, meanwhile drawing closer.

"WITH PLEASURE!" I holler, meanwhile spinning on my heels so I can see the Ghoul who was speaking to me. I can't help but chuckle at my good luck as I notice that the Ghoul has the kind of kagune that is heavy. Between my speed, and that the fact that my kagune can turn translucent, I should be able to win with ease.

"DIE, SCUM!" the Ghoul shouts, meanwhile lifting one of their long arms, and swinging it down, hoping to land a blow upon my head. I dodge the Ghoul's attempt at knocking my head off with ease, and chuckle.

"Do you really think someone as slow as you can kill me?" I ask, meanwhile deciding where I shout hit the Ghoul. Should I knock their head off? No, that would be too easy... Besides, someone who dares to call me scum deserves a cruel punishment. As an idea pops into my head, I can't help but laugh loudly.

"ARE YOU LAUGHING AT ME, PUNK?" The Ghoul hollers, before dashing towards me, hoping to carve a hole in my stomach. This action makes the idea that I have easy to do.

The Ghoul gasps in shock as they land just a centimeter before me, lacking both their arms and legs. "It's a warning," I say, gazing into the wide eyes of the Ghoul, "This area is mine, and mine alone. If you come here or call me scum again, I'll kill you. Be sure to tell this to all your friends... I am Porcelain, and those who attempt to fight me are as good as dead."

"I-Isn't this V-Vulture's territory?" The Ghoul stammers, meanwhile wearing a confused expression.

"Was." I respond, "This was Vulture's territory." With that said, I leave the Ghoul lying in the alleyway, having to go through the agony of regrowing their limbs. Now, for some reason, I am in a surprisingly good mood. In fact, I am in such a good mood that I begin to skip. "I'm going to destroy the birdy," I sing, with a small smile, "I'm going to destroy the birdy! I am going to rip out his feathers, one by one, and... TEAR HIM INTO PIECES!"

I may not be able to get stronger through the means of fueling myself with human flesh, but I WILL make myself grow stronger. I will grow stronger through the old fashioned way. I will train, I will fight, and most importantly, I will kill!

/I had really bad writer's block with this story for a while... I hope this update was okay. Anyway, I have another Tokyo Ghoul fanfic started called {before & after}} that you may also like if you like this fanfic./