interlude

/Due to my eye issue I've decided to write something short this week. This is HER and the main character's first encounter told from HER point of view./

"Oh my, are you lost little one?" I ask the young child. Upon seeing me his dark eyes grow wide. Despite his overall nervousness, he doesn't look scared.

"Y-Y-Yes" he stammers, and pauses briefly before adding, "Are you an artist? You have a stain on your shirt..."

I can't help but laugh. Children are so innocent and precious....As I try to stop laughing I shake my head in a no."Didn't your parents ever tell you?" I ask, hoping the child can use his brain.

"Didn't they tell me what?" He asks, confused. I decide to show him what I am, and what he should fear. As my  brown eyes change into a bright red and a deep black combination the child gasps.

Still. The child still isn't afraid of me. I can't help but laugh once again. Pressing my index finger against my lips, I whisper"Sssh. If you're quiet I'll share a secret with you." After a brief pause I add,"I'm a Ghoul. G-H-O-U-L."

"Ghoul? What's a Ghoul?" He asks, making me laugh yet again.

"Well..." I say stroking his chubby cheek with one of my kagune, "It depends who you ask. Some say Ghouls are monsters. We eat humans after all. Others say... Well I've never heard anyone speak fondly of Ghouls.." 

"Monsters aren't real," he responds, with a smile "monsters live in nightmares, and this isn't a nightmare." I find myself sighing. I was going to eat the child but....

"To be honest, I was going to eat you," I say, pulling my kagune away from his face, leaving a cut. Droplets of blood drip down his face, and begin to stain his blue t-shirt. "But you're just too darn cute. You're fairly smart too. So, tell me, if this was a nightmare, would I be a monster?"

"No," he responds quickly, "You could never be a monster... Monsters are ugly, mean and smelly... You look just like me, more or less." I sigh again. At this rate, the child is going to get himself get killed by a Ghoul. He is too trusting...

"Silly boy," I say, deciding to teach the boy an important lesson."Silly, silly boy. I'll let you off with a warning since you're kind. One," I slowly walk closer to him "never walk into dark alleyways. Two, never talk to strangers. Three, if you encounter someone like me, run." Before he can utter a sound, I hit him on the head, knocking him out. After doing so, I carve a message into one of his small arms.

"What a shame... You look just like your father..." I mutter, before spinning on my heels and running further down the alleyway.

"What a shame... She must die now" a voice whispers, and a figure calls for back up before picking up the injured boy.

/I had to type this on my kindle.... It is like impossible type on kindles r.I.p my fingers/