:Chapter 25 ~ Dear Brother:

A/N - Tch- fucking hell. Guys, how do you even read this? THIS IS SHIT! This story, this plot line, my writing––IT'S SHIT! How have you put up with me all this time? Dear god... For a heads up, the writing doesn't get better until next chapter (in my opinion).

R e c a p

Things had changed.

The only question is...

For the better or for the worse?

------------------------------

This was a casual morning. Sunlight streaming through an open window; birds chirping... it seemed like a story from a fantasy book. You were currently cuddled up in Sting's arms, going to gaze up at his still sleeping face, when...

'"Don't you just wish it could be like the good old days?" He sneered. "When you and your family were happy, and your father actually cared for you?"

Whimpering, you crawl back. Watching another, a certain familiar figure step towards you, you watched his dull movements, staring into his lifeless hazel-green eyes. Coming closer, you could see that he held a knife.

No one was here. No one, but you and him. You get up, only to fall back down from the loud, CRACK that came from your ankle.

Starting to cry, you wonder aloud, "What happened...

...big brother?"

-flashback-

"Nii-Chan!" Little you yelled, giggling. Those giggles soon stopped when (your new pet,) a dog came into view. Growling, it lunged at you.

You closed your eyes. After a moment or two you could hear, "Bad doggy!" In the voice of your brother. Opening your eyes, you could see your hero, your older brother, (pathetically) hitting the dog with a stick. "Don't do that to my little sister ever again!"

You started laughing again, plopping your butt onto the soft grass. "Ai-Nii-Chan!"

He rested his hands on his hips, claiming that, "I'll always protect you! Even if I hurt you myself!"

-different flashback-

You were back in another orphanage. Just before your time with Yuri, at about age six––approaching your seventh birthday. Your brother, at the time, ten years old, merely four (and a half!) years older than you.

Wolves. A pack of them, with dark, blood red eyes. One growled at you, and immediately Aiichiro was in front of you, his arms wide open.

"Run, (Y/N)!" He insisted, conjuring a sword with his magic. "Go!"

You just shook your head. Surrounding your clenched fist in magic, you exclaim, "I'll help you!"

"(Y/N), JUST GO! LEAVE ME HERE!"

"Aiichiro..." Scared that he had yelled at you in that never before heard tone, you did as he said. That was a grave mistake.

That evening, you returned to the orphanage... alone.'

"(Y/N)..." you could hear a voice calling out to you, and a gentle, calloused hand stroking your cheek.