:Chapter 26 ~ Lasting Slumber:

A/N - Yup. Probably from an anime, but that's him. Aiichiro "Ai-Chan" (L/N). He cuuuuuute~ (If anyone knows which anime he's from [if he is from an anime] please tell me because I will start watching it immediately) ...omfg it's been so long since I've written here I forgot the format of my own thing... OωO

R e c a p

Sting's eyes widened, and getting up, his lips crashed onto hers, both of them smiling through it.

------------------------------
[counted that in Japanese~ ^ω^]

That night, things were peaceful. You lay in your bed, staring up at the ceiling. Like always, the events of that day ran through your head. Before long, your eyes droop and sleep takes you into its endless world of a dreamless darkness.

--------

And so, the morning arose. The [1] nineteen-year-old girl lay still in her bed. On her face was a serene expression, her bright (e/c) eyes closed. Somewhere else, the master of Sabertooth awaited her arrival.

"She said she'd be here today," he claimed. "At ten o' clock––on the dot!"

"And it's ten fifteen." said his partner, Rogue. "Is that such a calamity?"

"Yes!" Sting replied, agitated.

-tick tock-

"Okay, now it's a calamity." Rogue confessed. "How could she be an hour late?"

"Exactly!" complained Sting. "Can we go to her house?"

Rogue rolled his eyes, although deep down inside he was worried. "Fine."

-----

Flashbacks. All you can see is moments, pieces, tidbits of your life that had been long forgotten.

Then came the painful parts. Past, present, and back again to the past. Your mother's last goodbye, your father's wrath on your childhood, the brother who had lost his life for you...

And here it was. Not so long ago, but almost a year ago... that little moment that shattered your heart into pieces. The blond, with dark ocean blue eyes, a scar on his eyebrow and an earring on one ear. With his signature furred vest and his valiant smirk.

You watch as the moments flash by, almost like...

Like...

Your life flashing before your eyes. [2]

People had always believed that one's life flashed before their eyes as the time came for their death to arrive.

Am I going to die? At this moment, could Death possibly be at my door, during this very second?

Then you see it. The present. You're sleeping peacefully.. Or... Am I dead?

The door bursts open, Sting, Rogue, Frosch and Lector at its wake. This part seemed... slower. Is this what was happening right now?

"Tch." says Rogue, a look of disapproval on his face.

They seem to think you're sleeping.