:Chapter 16 ~ Mermaid Heel:

A/N - SIXTEEN ALREADY OMFG ANSHSHHAHJA....

This is the fifth draft I'm writing in a row.. I like having extra things to update on schedules.. I should probably update on my other stories... Oh well.. I like writing this too much..

Also, WHY ARE THERE SO MANY SILENT READERS?!?! I like reading and replying to comments, and when people comment, 80% of the time it's something like "Please Update!" BRUH. °^°

R e c a p

"I guess you weren't the right guy... We promised, but yet.."

------------------------------

"(Y/N)!" The light dragon slayer runs in your direction, his clothes sloppily thrown on. As he sprints barefoot, his mind wanders..

---

"STING!" Natsu grabs Sting by the collar, shaking him. "WHAT'D YOU DO TO (Y/N)?!?"

"I-" Sting is cut off by Natsu's raging voice.

"Read it, Mira." He commands, looking deadly as his grip remains on Sting's collar.

Mirajane heavily sighs, grabbing the paper.

"Dear Fairy Tail,
I've gone on a journey. A few things have recently happened, and I kinda wanna get out of the area for a while. Don't worry, it's not you, it's.. Something else. Please don't get worried, and I beg of you not to come looking for me. I've erased my guild mark, if you don't mind. Don't take it personally, it's just.. I want a start anew. It's not like you've lost anyone major, but it was fun to pretend I had a family for a while. If you need me, search around Mermaid Heel, as I'm thinking of joining. Farewell, my family.

~(Y/N) (L/N)" Mira smiles softly, her eyes a bit glassy. "She said this note was for you, Sting."

Sting gets released by Natsu, and grabs the note. His heart hurts a bit when he recognizes the neat, small handwriting that hasn't changed a bit from childhood. He starts to read it aloud,

"To Sting- my dearest and first childhood friend,
These past few weeks have been fun, and I've enjoyed them greatly. Catching up with you, and visiting your guild. Know that I am eternally proud of you for running a guild, and know that Rogue, Lector and Frosch have my greatest regards. Although we promised to never leave, our paths have strayed. It's been amazing, and I hope you find a girl worthy of your amazing personality. Please, don't come looking for me.. I've been hurt enough.

~(Y/N) (M/N) (L/N)."

As he looks up, he's greeted by the scowling, murderous, bloodthirsty faces of the guild.

"Are those.." Lucy starts.

Levy finishes, "ARE THOSE TEAR STAINS?"

Sting's eyes scan the paper, finding dried little blotches. "Y-yeah.." He whispers, letting his own tears fall.

-----

And so, the sun rises to a new day. The guild of Mermaid Heel is just a five minute walk, so you decide to head off now.

-----

"Is (Y/N) (L/N) here?" An anxious blond asks.

"No. Go away." A woman by the name of Araña Webb shuts the Mermaid Heel guild doors, her last words being, "No men allowed."

"Sting-Kun, she probably doesn't wanna see you.." Lector comments sadly.

Sting growls, knocking on the door.

"Nya?" A cat girl, Milliana opens it this time.

Sting immediately got an idea. "I have an offering!" He holds out a protesting Lector.

"Neko-Neko!" She squeals, cuddling the maroon exeed.

"Now, tell me.." Sting concentrates on the girl's hazel eyes. "Is (Y/N) (L/N) here?"

"Mm, no.." Milliana pouts before giving Lector a good squish. "What does she look like?"

"She has sparkling (e/c) eyes, and beautiful (l/s), (h/c) hair.." Sting states.

"Like her?" The cat girl points into the trees, right at.. You.

-earlier-

As your now well-rested body makes its way to Mermaid Heel, you catch a familiar scent. Sting. You duck under a branch and behind a tree. Lector, too. You see him speak to a curly green-haired girl, who shuts the door on him, and then he knocks again, being greeted by Milliana, a friend of Erza's. He offers Lector to her, and she gladly takes him, squealing. A few moments later, you find her pointing in your direction...?

No..

She points at you.

You see Sting's eyes widen before he runs to you. "(Y-Y/N)!" He shouts, coming closer. Your heart aches as tears form in your eyes. You start backing away as he slowly comes closer. "P-please, I-" His heart seems to shatter as he finds your expression.

You shake your head, a few tears escaping. "S-st-stay a-way from m-me.." Your voice wavers with every word, nearly on the verge of sobs. He stiffens, and you take your chance. You dash to the doors of Mermaid Heel, "Take me in! Please!"

Milliana nods, dropping Lector and closing the doors after you enter. "Kagura-Chan!" She calls, beckoning over a girl roughly the same age as you. "This is (Y/N)."

"Oh, so this is the (Y/N) Erza tells me of in her letters?" She asks, resting her hand on the hilt of her sword.

You bow, "So this is the Kagura Erza tells me stories about? It's nice to meet you."

You shake hands, "So.. I came here came here to join, before.. You know."

"Actually, I don't. Who is he?" She asks, before gesturing to another room. "Come, we can talk over there."

-NUUU THE CHAPTER'S ALMOST DONE-oh, this is supposed to be a time skip to after you tell them..-

You look at the floor, fiddling with your fingers.

"Well.." Kagura starts.

"There's no need for a sob-fest! C'mon, (Y/N), let's get you your guild mark!" Milliana holds out her hand as you take it. She pulls you, Kagura following behind.

As the (f/c) Mermaid Heel stamp was placed on your (b/p), you couldn't help but smile a bit, thinking,

So this is my new family?

A/N - I KNOW, I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE POSSIBLY THINKING,

ITS OVER ALREADY?!?!

That's how I feel rn.

I'MMA WRITE ANOTHER DRAFT!!!

I got problems, bruh..
~Em