.11.

8 month time lapse

Ben rolls over to his side and simply takes in Hux's sleeping form. He always looks so peaceful and beautiful, just a blank, carefree expression lies on his face. Locks of his unruly hair cover most of it though. Ben carefully places them behind his ear.

This is the man he married.

This is the man he loves.

Ben wouldn't want it any other way. It didn't take long for the two to realize how in love they are. First came the I love you's, then to actually expressing it, and of course came marriage. When you put it like that it all seems to be rushed. For them, they wished they had met each other sooner for this to happen.

Hux's eyes flutter open and his gaze instantly goes to Ben's. A small smile raises on his lips. He quickly places a small kiss on his lips before retreating back to his spot.

"Good morning." Hux croaks out in a raspy morning voice.

"How did you sleep, babe?"

"Fine. Quick question, were you staring at me?" His cheeks tint to a light pink. He nods sheepishly which makes Hux giggle. "Love you." It's always so hard to believe that he actually loves him back. That he really means it. It's the same case for his partner.

"What did you say?" Ben smirks. They seem to always play this game. Where one says something affectionate and the other acts like he didn't hear it. It later gets replaced with a phrase sounding close to it and is usually rude. Though this time Hux gives in.

"I said I love you, Ben." They share another small kiss before Hux gets up.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"I need to pee. Unlike you, I like to pee in an actual toilet instead of peeing on my husband!" Ben laughs as Hux puffs out. The memory of his face enters his mind. He just loses it in laughter. His face was really priceless, almost like he was about to die in disgust.

"We were in the shower! I already told you, it's sterile-"

"Shut up, asshole." A smirk plays on their lips. He slips away into the restroom.

Something seems a little off with him. Ben can't really make out what exactly it is. There is denying it though. He sits up and awaits for him. A few minutes pass until he comes out now his hair neat and his appearance more awake.

"You would tell me if something was bothering you, right?"  Guilt fills his eyes, something is wrong. Ben beckons him back to the bed. He wraps his arms around the smaller man. "You can tell me anything." After the promise his partner begins to cry quietly. He has no idea what is happening, he remains calm for him though.

"I'm scared, Ben." They switch positions so they can still hold each other while facing one another. Ben smoothes out his hair and away from his face. As each tear escapes from his eyes Ben quickly wipes it away.

"Hux, whatever it is that's bothering you I promise to always be here for you. Always. I can't live without you, I need you. I just want you to be happy." A simple nod then he carefully chooses his next words. This is such a delicate subject and he wants to present it so perfectly. It's so life changing for the both of them.

"I-" Hux kisses him once more before taking a deep breath and continuing. "I want to have children with you."

Ben begins to cry himself. The thought of the two of them to have children overwhelms him. A family is what he wants. Of course, this thought has previously crossed his mind but he never really set his heart on it exactly. Now that Hux has stated it into words aloud it really does seem right. It seems right only because it's with Hux, his only love. Imagining him creating someone with him just puts him in a state of instant happiness. A someone else to love just as much.

"I do too. I want this too."

They hug each other, sharing heat and tears streaming down their cheeks.  Ben kisses his neck, shoulder, head, and almost everywhere repeatedly. They both want to be fathers, together. Hux laughs out in joy, he tried so hard to procrastinate this conversation. The thoughts of the outcomes filled him with anxiety before. It scared him of one of them losing him. He loves Ben too much for that to happen. He's surprised he got away with not telling him for so long. Unfortunately, he is very easy to read. It's so hard for him to mask his feelings. With Ben he can trust, no matter what. That doesn't stop his anxiety sometimes. There's no need to worry now. For him, that was the only thing he was keeping from him.

"I love you so much. You have no idea." Ben whispers into his ear. He places one last kiss next to it.

"I love you too. Probably more than you." Ben chuckles and pins him down to the bed.

"I doubt that, my love."

He pulls him down to his chest. They embrace each other as the sound of traffic from the street fills the room.

[A/N: ]

I'm not sure to end it here or to continue. I could continue it but onto a sequel. I'm not sure, if you have any suggestions let me know!