~Pool Fun~

"I was born

To tell you I love you.

And I am torn

To do what I have to

To make you mine."

- Your Call by Secondhand Serenade

***

Mark:

"Yer tell in' me that we have ta share a room with each other fer almost a week?" Jack said in a surprised, high pitched voice. I shrug, carrying in my bags to my—I mean our— room. The room is pretty nice. It's fairly big, but not a suite. It has two queen sized bed, a television, a mini fridge, and a decent sized bathroom.

"I guess we could speak to the manager, or someone at the front desk." I suggest, placing my heavy bag on the dresser, and Jack does the same.

"I'd rather not. I mean, it doesn't really bother me. I'm just surprised," Jack's smile starts to widen in excitement. "I think it might be fun. Unless you don't want ta?"

"No, no. I agree, this could be fun." I say, starting to get giddy. Jack is one of my best friends, this could be like a fun sleep over...that lasts almost a week.

"Okay, well I suggest we get our stuff in place and get comfortable. We'll be here for a while." Jack says, laughing at his own lame joke. I laugh at his lameness, while getting my things situated.

"Felix just texted me. Looks like he's in the same hotel as us." Jack comments, shoving his things into separate drawers. I smile happily, putting my empty suitcase in the closet. Felix is also one of my best friends. I'll be happy to spend time with him. I wonder who else is here.

"We don't have a convention until tomorrow. Want to meet Felix and whoever else is here at the pool?" I suggest readjusting my shirt and rolling up my long sleeves.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I'll text him and tell him to pass the message on." Jack says excitedly, sending a quick text and grabbing his swim trunks and running into the bathroom to get changed.

I let out a quiet breath of relief, sinking back into one of the queen sized bed. I love spending time with Jack, but this past hour I've been strained. I'm having strange feelings, like wanting to touch him feelings.

I got up once Jack exited through the bathroom so I could put my own suite on. He wore a white shirt along with his swim trunks, and I took a deep breath from nervousness, realizing that once we get to the pool, that shirt will be off and revealing his body.

Oh boy, I'm in some deep doo doo.

Jack:

Splash.

I sink into the chilled pool, the water crashing around me. I pop up from under the water, running a hand through my hair. Mark jumps in beside me, and I turn my back to the waves that were about to splash me.

Mark emerges from the water, rubbing his face and hair. I gaped at him, watching him in awe. Every since he had taken off his shirt, I had been in a trance. I never realized how perfectly toned his body is, and I just wanted to bury myself in it.

I shook my head, trying to erase my thoughts. 'He's just yer friend, Jack. Ye don't have feelings for him, ye'r not even gay.'

Felix slides into the pool, along with his girlfriend Marzia, Wade, and Bob. We all swim around in the water, goofing off. Since the pool is empty except for us, we eventually decide to play Marco-Polo, and I start as the one closing my eyes and calling out 'Marco'.

"Marco." I call out, feeling around, blindedly around to pool. Among the other's, I hear Mark's voice reply with, "Polo."

I smirk, turning my body towards the voice. We continue like that for about twenty seconds, replying back and forth to each other. "I'm coming for you, Markimoo!" I shout, lunging myself at him.

I wrap my arm around his warm body, pressing our chest against each other's. I swear my entire body felt like it was on fire. I opened my eyes, my face only a few inches away from Mark's. If I just leaned in...

Felix coughed, bringing our attention to him. "All right all right, Mark's it!" We all scramble away from them, playing for another hour.

I get tired, so I decide to sit out on the lawn chair and tan for a while. I pull myself out of the pool, water sliding down my body, and wrap a towel around me. The hot sun beats down at me, and I'm grateful for that.

I feel my towel being pulled away from me, and I turn to see Mark next to me with a mischievous smile. He grabs me, bride style, and carries me over to the pool. I let out a screech before he throws me in.

I come out of the water, breathing heavily, and look at Mark with revenge evident on my face. I grab his arm, pulling him in on top of me. He lets out a loud scream before falling in. We come out of the water, laughing at our playfulness.

When our laughter dies down, we look at each other, taking it in for a moment. "Jack, I..." Mark starts to say, but we're interrupted by Wade.

"C'mom guys, it's time to go. We have a big day tomorrow." He smiles, patting our backs before getting out of the pool. We all climb out, wrapping towels around ourselves before grabbing our stuff and saying our goodbyes.

Mark and I walk back up to our rooms, and decide to order room service. I volunteered to order while Mark took a shower, and then we'd trade out. Mark took a fast shower, and so I got in quickly.

As I washed myself, I thought of what had happened earlier. There were so many moments when we looked at each other, and time seemed to stop. I sighed, rinsing myself off. 'I'll just figure it out in the morning. Maybe some sleep will clear my head.'

I hear a knock on the door, and Mark says, "Food's here!" I eagerly jumped out of the shower, drying myself off and throwing on my sweats and a long sleeved shirt. I quickly dried off my hair with a towel before coming out, my stomach growling at the smell of the food.

Mark and I quickly dogged in, making small talk and joking around. We talked about tomorrow, what's been going on in our lives, and our families. I know I should've felt awkward around Mark, since I'm having all these weird feelings, but I'm not. He's still the same old Mark.

We decided after we finished eating to watch a movie and go to bed. We decided on the Disney movie 'Aladdin' since we were in a goofy mood and wanted to have a light and fun movie.

After the movie was over, it was ten at night, and we were both extremely jet legged. We climbed into our separate beds, and I turned off the lights. Even though we were in separate beds, it was still nice to sleep in the same room as Mark.

"Goodnight, Jack." Mark called from his side of the room.

"Night, Mark." I say softly, closing my eyes, and falling asleep to the thought of Mark.

***

~1242 words~

The feelings are developing. 💕🙈

Go markimoo! Go get 'em!

Xoxo, Alli