Chapter 10- Flower Garden [Lachlan]

The sky is darkening, pink streaking up into blue. I stand, leant against a building, waiting for Preston.

I close my eyes for a second, zoning out. I'm about to go back to the house to get Preston when I hear a sharp intake of breath behind me.

And there he is.

The boy from before.

The one I thought was dead.

He looks at me, and for a second, we lock eyes. Then he shakes his head and walks quickly away, Mat trailing along behind him.

So he came back... and survived, somehow. I think back to when I first saw him, a few days ago. He looked like he had just woken up.

He came to me, smiling as if he knew me.

And he knew my name.

Nobody else in this village knew anyone's name other than their own, when they woke up here. So how did he know mine?

Anyway, when Preston arrived, something changed in that boy.

I saw it snap, in his eyes.

I could see he felt betrayed, and hurt.

I could see that he had known me...

before.

I take a breath, trying to clear my head, and look around for Preston. We were supposed to meet to go to there square at sunset... but he's not here.

Maybe he's back at the house.

I look around one final time, and set off along the cobbled path, towards mine and Preston's shared house. It's getting darker by the second as the sun dips closer to the horizon. I glance to the side and spot what I assume is Rob's house, judging by the garden. Although it's small, it's filled with multi-coloured flowers and plants.

Maybe he'll know where Preston is. After all, they are pretty good friends.

I walk around to the front of the house, trying to find the door. There's a light on in one of the downstairs windows, so that's a good sign. He's definitely in.

I walk over slowly, and glance into the window.

And I freeze.

The scene inside the house is one I could have never imagined.

Rob is there.

And he's kissing Preston.

I back away, the breath knocked out of me.

Tears are already pooling in the corners of my eyes as I turn, and run.

No.

No.

He wouldn't.

And yet he did.

*A/N: Ooh, two updates in one day! Sorry about the short chapter,  though, we've got some pretty exciting stuff coming up!*