Chapter 12

As we walked, deeper into the city, heading towards Candor, Eric hardly talked. He kept a menacing poker face on. One of his usual. He usually used this face to let people know who was boss. Him

So instead of trying to talk to him, seeing as it would be like talking to a brick wall, I decided to talk with the girls. 

"I really hope I'll see my friends back from Erudite" Emma said as she sighed hopefully. 

"Yeah same here. The girls back at Candor were really funny. I had a lot of good friends there" Jem added. 

"You know who I can't wait to see?" Amy turned to Matisse and I questioning us. 

"Who?" we both answered. 

"Elise, Ruby and Liv" Amy then squealed in reply, getting excited. 

"Same here!" I then squealed. 

"I really hope they are at the party" Matisse commented afterwards. 

"Who are these girls?" Emma asked curiously. 

"Well, they were our best friends from Amity" Amy answered. 

"Their names are Elise, Ruby and Liv" Matisse added. 

"The six of us were like a gang back at Amity" I added again. 

It went quiet for a bit between us. But then Emma pointed out something pretty funny. 

"Look at Eric" she chortled discretely. 

We all started laughing as we looked at him. He was being so serious and so anti-social. We started mocking him, mostly me though. But ever since I became his girlfriend, the others felt as if they had been cut a lot of slack. Which was kind of true. 

"You girls are very funny" Eric said out of the blue. We knew he was talking to us, he had heard what we were saying the whole time. But instead of getting scared we all just looked at each other and laughed. 

He then turned around and glared at us rudely, trying to scare us. A couple of the girls weren't sure what to do but as soon I began to laugh mockingly again, they joined, knowing it was 'safe'. 

We couldn't stop laughing for he was still being so serious when he really didn't need to be. 

"You done" he turned around again, giving me a glare. I put my hand over my mouth trying to stop laughing. 

I realised why he had said this though. We were approaching Candor

We walked through two large white and black pillars and found ourselves in a large outdoor area in front of a wide expanse of steps. Just up those steps was the foyer, where every other faction was waiting. They hadn't of seemed to see us yet. But they were about to. 

We walked up the steps, as a wave of black. We were about fifteen minutes late. As we walked I stepped right beside Eric so I could lead the way in with him. I knew he wouldn't mind. I could be really intimidating and that's what Eric wanted. He wanted every other faction to be scared of us. Behind us were the other leaders of Dauntless and all of our close friends. Both mine and Eric's. 

The doors were opened for us from the inside, 

And we entered. 

As we walked in, dangerous and intimidating looks were plastered on our faces, well mostly just me and Eric's faces. Everyone was looking. Everyone from each faction had their eyes on us, Dauntless