Chapter 11 Mia

The rest of the day was alright. I at least got to eat dinner. I got half a serving, but it was ok. I still wasn't that hungry. Immediately after dinner they sent us to the bedroom. We didn't have a set bed time, but we weren't allowed to leave the room unless it was an emergency.

I just sat on my bed, trying to wrap my mind around things. I was an orphan, Drake and Grayson were who knows where, and I didn't know how long I could handle this. I was deep in thought and didn't even notice when April sat on my bed.

"Hey," she said.

"Hey," I said back.

"Are you ok? You don't seem like yourself."

"Yah, I'm fine." I wasn't going to tell her what was really happening. She wouldn't believe me.

"You're lying. I can tell."

"Even if I told you you wouldn't believe me."

"Mia, I will. Even if you told me that you have a living unicorn under your bed."

"I have no idea who you are and I'm from another dimension and miss my friends Drake and Grayson."

"What? Mia, are you having troubles telling the difference between dreams and reality again?"

"No, I'm telling the truth. Ask me any questions about you or my past. I won't know the answer."

"How long have we known each other?"

"I don't know, two years?"

"You are telling the truth. We've known each other since we came here on the same day. The day we were born."

"Wait, are we sisters?"

"No, we were just born on the same day. But we like to pretend we are sisters."

"How long have we been here?"

"13 years. I guess you don't remember anything from school then, huh."

"Nope. I just wish I knew where Drake and Grayson are. We could get out of this mess."

"You mean those guys at school? You said that they were nerds and that they just don't fit with us."

"I told you, I'm not from this dimension! They were my friends before we went through the portal!"

"What portal?"

"Long story short, we were trying to save Drake and Grayson's friend from Herobrine but we had to kill him. When we destroyed one of the sacred diamonds, the place we were in started to collapse. We found three portals and we each went through the one we were drawn to."

"Wow. That is crazy. How about we get some sleep and talk about this tomorrow." April got of my bed and went to hers. I laid down on my bed and drifted asleep.

------------------

When Ms. Mean started banging her frying pan, I didn't waste any time. I jumped out of bed, straitened the blankets, and got, dressed. I even had time to brush my hair. When she checked my bed, Petunia gave me a thumbs up. I was in the safe.

When Ms. Mean finished the inspection, April came to my bed again.

"Are you ready for school?" she asked me.

"I think?" I replied.

"It's ok. You will be fine. Get your backpack."

I looked under my bed and pulled out a backpack. I put it on my back, it was heavier than I thought it was.

"Now what?" I asked.

"Now we go wait for the bus. There are only five of us who actually go to school. The orphanage provides the education until we reach middle school. They don't have the staff to teach everybody. Come on."

I followed April and we met up with a few other girls with Petunia. She took us outside and we waited. After a while, a large yellow vehicle pulled up, this was the bus. We all climbed in and I sat with April.

"When we get there just follow me," she told me. "I know Drake and Grayson are in our grade, but I don't know if they have their first class with you."

When we got to the school I followed April just as she said. We stopped in front of a large room. There were many people in there.

"This is your first class of the day with Mr. Marlin. He teaches stuff about technology and building. It's an easy class. When everybody leaves the room follow and wait for me right here. Ok?"

"Ok April. How long until we go back to the orphanage."

"About seven hours. But trust me, this is a better place."

I walked into the classroom and sat at a desk. I put my head down on the desk and tried to wrap my mind around things again.