I Ruin Everything

Firlke's POV
After the Filmore situation, me and Ike went to the cafeteria. We grabbed our food then Ike lead me to a table where a few people were already seated.

"Hey guys." Ike said to the three girls at the table.
"Hey Ike! Who's this?" The red-head girl asked, nodding her head my direction.
Ike sat across from them as I did the same. "This is Firkle. Firkle that's Ruby. Then that's Flora." He pointed at a blond as she kept her head down. "And that's the one and only Karen!" Karen instantly looked away from the book she was reading and looked right at me.

"Huh? Sorry I wasn't paying attention... Oh hey Firkle! Long time no see." She smiled and went back to her book. Ike looked at her confused.

Me and Karen use to kind of friends...I'm not exactly sure. But in kindergarten I would sit with Karen whenever Rudy wasn't around. I know it was conformist but I couldn't help it. I felt bad for her. She would sit alone at lunch while the other kids made fun of her for being poor. I remember the first time I sat with her, she had the biggest smile on her face.

Flashback

I walked behind the school where me and the goths normally hung out. I sat in my usual place waiting for the others. After a while Pete showed up.

"Michael and Henrietta aren't going to be here today." Pete said bluntly.
"Why?" I asked not actually caring.
"Their parents are talking to them about skipping school too much. Conformist shit like that." I just nodded.

Me and Pete sat there for a few hours talking about random stuff. Eventually, I got hungry but didn't feel like walking to Bennys. So, instead I decided I would just have lunch in the school.

"Where you going?" Pete asked as I stood up.
"I'm hungry and don't feel like walking to Bennys, so I'm just gonna eat school lunch."
Pete flipped his hair. "Whatever"

I walk into the cafeteria and quickly grab some food. I try to walk out but a teacher with a stupid puppet stops me.