1 - Change Of Plan

Start from the beginning

   "Yeah?

   "It's the one." I informed her.

   "Okay, I already found mine!" So I handed her the money for hers and she payed. I stripped out of my dress and put on my clothes from before on.

   When I was paying, I noticed my dad was also here. I quickly payed and ran up to him. "Dad?" 

   He looked flustered and embarrassed. "Hey, there princess!" He chocked out, not even looking at me.

   "Dad.. What are you doing in a woman's store?" He ignored my question. He was holding a bunch of woman's clothes. 

  "Would you like me to take Scarlet home?" He asked, pointing to the stroller she was in. I narrowed my eyes at him.

   "Sure but that doesn't answer my questio-" I got cut off by the sound of Maddie and a woman's voice laughing. They were walking out of the bathroom. 

   My dad and I watched them walk out. "Honey, did you pay yet?" The woman chattered. She was speaking to my father. 

   Maddie looked at them, then me. She was just as confused as I was, who was this woman?

   My father just nervously smiled at her. "Not yet." He was stiff and he gulped before looking at me.

   The woman must have noticed our confused faces when she turned to us. "Oh! Sorry Madison, and Madison's friend, this is my boyfriend." She smiled widely before planting a kiss on my fathers lips. 

   When she turned back to me, I had no idea what to feel. Angry, sad, happy, disappointed or shocked? "I know, he's my father." I growled. 

    That's when I turned to my father. "Take Scarlet home." Were my last words before storming out of there. That didn't stop him from shooting me and apologetic glance. I didn't even bother turning around to see that sluts shocked face. 

   Madison ran after me. She calmed me down and tried to stay off the topic, then convinced me to eat away my sorrows. But I didn't cry, Ingrid Brooke never cries.

   After we were done, we headed off to McDonald's. We took the drive-thru since it was faster. I only ordered a milkshake and a salad. Maddie ordered the same. 

   We sat in the car, munching away. "So, why is Tate back?" She started. I could tell she purposely didn't ask about my dad.

   "I don't have an idea but he's fucking with my brain again." I snorted. She nodded. "He's sending me creepy ass text messages about you and me but I'm definitely not answering them."

   "Maybe you should talk to him?" She suggested. I didn't feel hungry anymore.

   I scoffed. "Yeah, like that'll happen." She just shrugged and I stepped on the gas, heading out of that parking lot.

  We blasted music along the way, chanting the words and just having a good time. I felt bad for what I did, it was stupid of me to not even visit her. But even more stupid of me to suggest prom, just the topic made me cringe. 

   The wind blew through our hair and I felt like we were on some commercial. But most importantly, I felt like Ingrid again, just with less boys and drama. All my worries were gone, for now.

   Once we reached her place, I spoke, "Welcome home, guurl!" My voice came out sassy-like.

   She chuckled, "I've only been gone for two months." I raised my brows. "Okay, maybe it was three or four." She admitted.

   Someone on her porch caught my eye. It was an unfamiliar guy, leaning against the door. "Uh, Maddie.. Looks like someones waiting for you." I wiggled my brows and looked over in his direction.