Chapter 26 - Unbelievable

Start from the beginning

The hell for being childish, I'm a brat, whatever, I want him to know what and how he's making me feel!

"I'm listening, Collins." He answered in a calm manner. Seriously, how could you be so calm!

"Liar." I accused.

He put down the script and looked at me, I crossed my arms and looked away, giving him the taste of his own medicine.

Ignoring him.

"You enjoyed your time with me and you had so much fun that you want to do it again."

I turned to him with eyes wide open. "That is so not true! I enjoyed Annabel Lee and want to do the tutoring thing. Not the spending time with you part. Don't get ahead of yourself, Chad!" I burst out.

Chad laughed and turned his attention back to the script. "Liar, liar, cheeks on fire." He teased.

And I wasn't stupid to not know what he was referring to. I could feel my face heating up, probably I look like a tomato right now.

Screw being cool and discreet, Chad can actually see right through me.

Now I wonder if he somehow have an idea that I kind of like him. Surely he wouldn't think that I like him so much, right? Because I don't. I just like him. The simple like, not the super-obsessive-be my boyfriend-kind of like.

No! Not like that.

"If you really claim that you learned a lot from our tutoring session, how about we put it into a test? And if you pass this test, or succeeded, I will do anything that you want me to do."

Chad literally got me in the 'I will do anything that you want me to do' part. I wasn't sure what he was talking about prior to that.

"I'm listening." I urged him to continue.

"You need to have a grade of A or B in your exam."

"An A or B? Are you freakin kidding me!" I shrieked in surprise. The good thing is, we're in our usual hangout spot, no one could hear my sudden outburst.

"Do I look like I'm the type to kid about this?" He asked, looking at me through his geeky glasses. "Oh and I was talking about a B and up. Not B-." He added, which made me even frantic.

"What? You expect me to make a miracle? I can't do it!" I said in full honesty.

Yeah, that's impossible!

"You expect my service to be cheap? No way. That's the reason I emphasized the word anything. Work hard for it."

His offer was oh so impossible but oh so tempting.

You're not the stupid, Courtney. You're not even dumb. You're just made of lazybones and impatience.

Imagine the things that I'll ask him to do for me. I can ask him to spend time with me tutoring, I can ask him to never ignore me again, I can ask him to only focus on me when I want to.

Anything!

Eyes on the prize, Courtney.

The prize is Chad.

Listen to lectures, open those damn books, burn the midnight oil.

Things are about to get real.

Ready for my request, Treyson. It will definitely blow you away.

"Deal." I stood up and walked away without even waiting for his reply.