5

Toby was a scrawny little boy. Izabelle wondered if he would fly away if a little gust of wind blew. His presence didn't even seem to cause any stir in the surrounding as if he wasn't even there. He seemed barely there. Like a ghost materialized.

Taking a candle Isabella followed the guy out of the room when he asked her to follow him.

"The library is a really prized possession here. It's in the west wing of the building with over a few thousand books and an excellent searing arrangement. It used to be Lady's, Lord's mother. But now that she passed away, Lord has it kept in proper condition but rarely goes in. "

Toby chatted all the way through the corridors making the place somewhat more comforting that she ever thought it would be.

Isabelle looked at the closed door when they came to a stop in front of it. With one hand she turned the nob to open and creeping her out, it creaked open. What's with this house and creaky doors? When was the last time they oiled the hinges.

"I shall leave you here Miss Edwards. The old lady Becka demands that I help her around. Just call for me when you need to get back Miss. " Toby said in his thin and happy voice making Isabelle smile a little. "I will," she said and stepped inside the library.

One would say that she should be used to the darkness by now but Alas, this was not the case. The first thing she noticed was the cool atmosphere along with the smell of books. She loved no scent more than those of books and land after rain.

"Toby!" she called out at the retreating figure of the little boy.

"Yes Miss Edwards? " He said coming back.

"Can I get some wood and all to light fire up here?" Toby hesitated but said yes before going through some route to get the woods.

Happily Izabelle stepped inside the library when a chill rushed to her spine. Ignoring the rush she took another step inside with the candle flame illuminating the room to a limit. Spooky shadows formed against the racks much to her fright.

"Who dares come in!" a voice called harshly and a shiver made its way down Belle's spine making her pause in her tracks.

"Um me? I am sorry if I am disturbing you I'll leave..." Izabelle said meekly as she identified the voice to be of Lord Willington.

During her walk here Isabelle had realized one thing. Living with a man in his house, she really didn't have a chance outside these walls now. Not even her family would take her in if the time passed more than it already has. Who would bother with a girl gone away unchaperoned for long? She was here to be a wife.  No one would believe her purity as the time pass by.

"Izabelle?" Lord Willington said in his low cracked voice making her forget that he had just shouted out a moment ago.

"Yes it is I, Belle, My Lord . I asked if I could get something to read and Becka had Toby show me the library. Please do not be angry with them. If you would want for it then I would just make haste to my room. It's just too unsettling for me to be in a room all day uselessly.., " A silence followed Belle's words. She suddenly felt like wishing for a knife to cut through this deafening silence between her captor and her. He stood in the darkness and all she could feel was his cold unnerving presence and the silence. It startled her when he suddenly spoke up.

"I told you not to come to this wing," He said harshly but instead of scaring her it sparked a fire in her. She was about to argue when he continued, "but I understand that there is not much to do around here. As my betrothed consider this place a present. It's not much to me anyway. "

Lord Willington ended bitterly making Isabelle wonder how anyone could just part with such a treasure saying it's of no use!

"But there are so many books! How could it not be of any use to you?" Belle voiced her thought without thinking and a sudden bang made her realize of it a moment later. He had hit something.

"Do you want this place or not?" He questioned rudely. Izabella winced and muttered a small yes.

"Then take it and do not meddle in my business. " The candle light flickered rapidly until it was nothing but a wick ready to be lit again. A sudden gust of wind flew past her and the door opened.

"Miss Edwards? I got the wood!" A voice called out from near the door grabbing her attention and she cursed at the candle for going out at that time. She should roam around with matches too now.

"Lord Willington if you had a match?" she asked but was met by nothing but silence. Where had he suddenly gone?

"Miss Edwards?" Toby called out again. Her thoughts were still on the conversation that just took place.

"Coming Toby, " she said making her way to the door from near the shelves stumbling now and then in the darkness against odd things scattered around.

____

Hello! Thanks for stopping by to read this chapter =)

I know this the next may feel dull right now but hey a little tension to be built up before a whole out mystery.

Love,

Princess_arielanne