Chapter 13: Meet the Angry Manager

Start from the beginning

"Thomas, you can't be serious." My dad exasperated. He was in the middle of watching a basketball game when Thomas demanded a meeting. Get in between my dad and his sports time, Dave Chapmen won't be very pleasant.

"I am serious because this –"

"Alright that's it!" A new voice cut in. I turned in my seat to see Kelly strutting her way into the office with a very annoyed expression on her face. It was an expression she always wore around Thomas because she thinks he is a, and I quote, 'Complete douche who thinks he owns you'. Whenever one of these 'meetings' are called she would storm out of the room claiming she wants nothing to do with Thomas's plans for me but would be standing right around the corner listening in just in case he did something she didn't like for me.

Which was pretty much all the time.

"Listen here, Tommy," She scowled, emphasizing the name that Thomas hates with all his heart. She slammed her hands on the desk and leaned towards him with the coldest of glares. "Macey isn't some slut on the street, alright? She's a great girl and Adrian's little 'Sweet Macey'. They've known each other since grade school and as close as best friends can get. You may be his manager but you can't order him around like he's a dog. My little bro can kiss whoever he freaking wants to kiss."

Big sister to the rescue! I rested back in the chair with a smug look on my face. Kelly may be some highly well known fashion designer, but she was my big sister and we still look out for each other. Emma is Kelly's best friend and they've known each other way before Macey and I were even brought into this world. Macey is like a sister to Kelly and she isn't going to let somebody rant on about her – let alone someone she despises with everything's she has.

"This Macey girl –" Can he not just say 'Macey'? Now I was starting to get pissed. "Could ruin Adrian's reputation, his career –"

"Adrian's career is on hold. He's on break." Kelly stretched the word as if Thomas was incapable of understanding simple English.

"That doesn't mean –"

"Um.." Another voice cut in. I know that voice.

Everyone snapped their heads towards the door of the office. A very pale faced Macey was standing under the door frame practically shaking in her shoes. I abruptly stood from my seat. Why was she here? Did something bad happen? Last time we spoke, Macey said she had dance practice after school.

"Hey kid, what're you doing here?" My dad asked, confusion dripping with every word.

Macey took another step into the office. My gaze dropped down to the hand that was playing with the pendant hanging around her neck. The pendant I gave her. Now that I think about it, I've never really seen her without it. It was always there hanging around her neck.

I smiled at the fact.

Macey looked at Thomas and then to me. "Two guys in black suits jumped me when I was walking and brought me here." She replied quietly.

Kelly rounded towards Thomas. "You sent Ross and Mauricio to drag Macey here against her own will?!" She shrieked. By the looks of it, Kelly was all but willing to jump across the desk and claw his eyes out.

"I think it would be best if Macey was here when we set the ground rules." Thomas replied.

"Ground rules?" I repeated incredulously.

"Yes we need to talk about what you can and can not do with Macey here."

"Thomas this really isn't necessary." Mom sighed, looking frazzled by this conversation. My dad threw his hands up in the air exasperatedly.