Chapter Twenty

Mason's point of view

Grace slept most of the night, I did too but it is my instinct to wake up to make sure she is alright. I have done it ever since I was around the age of ten when we would have sleep overs. I have known this girl since I was three, basically since she was born. I have always been protective of her, even before I knew what mates were and before I was able to know who my mate was. By the sixth grade I promised myself even if she was not my mate I would keep her close to me.

The day I turned sixteen I knew she was mine, and I was overjoyed. Actually lust was overpowering my mind, they had to restrain  me for a couple of days. All I wanted to do was ram my dick so far into her and make her scream my name, and for everyone to know that she was mine. She was only 13. Of course she got her suspensions about me disappearing, but they told her I went on a mini vacation. I never wanted anything so bad, I just wanted her in my bed, and me blowing her mind with amazing sex. I wanted everyone to know that she was mine, and no one else could have her. I wanted to be the one who satisfied all of her needs and wants. I wanted to be the one who puts a smile on her face, and to wake her up every morning with her in my arms, with a kiss. I wanted a lot and I still want more. After they restrained me I was furious and wanted everyone dead who kept me from her, but my dad came and knocked sense into me. Literally. He explained with punches and kicks on why I needed to keep it a secret until she was older. She was Thirteen at the time, but I didn't really care.

"Mason, I'm mad at you." she says with her eyes still closed. I stayed quiet wanting her to tell me exactly why.

"You hurt me, destroyed my trust, broke a promise," she said to me. I tensed at her words because they were true and it hurts me to know I hurt her. I should have known Nikki was up to no good.

"You know it is already hard for me to trust people, and you broke that. Apparently you don't trust me because I can barely give my friends hugs without you freaking out on me. I'm not a slut. I don't see how this doesn't apply to you. I get jealous when girls flirt with you. I always thought you would leave me all by myself for someone else." Her voice got quieter the more she talked, I never knew she got jealous, she would always laugh at the girls who would try to flirt with me. I guess she is right, if I tell her not to do something, but I turn around and do it, I shouldn't be a hypocrite.

"Okay"

"Really after what I just told you, you just say 'okay' alright then. Just get out. I don't need you here, you are such a hypocrite. You weren't suppose to hurt me, but you did, physically and emotionally, look where we are! It is because of you. I don't want to see you for a while. Just get out."

I stayed there shock at her outburst, the 'okay' was supposed to come out as a surrender not as anything else.

"Honey I think you should leave," my mom came in to tell me, of course she would listen in on our conversation. I got up slowly from behind Grace, I tried to hide my anger by giving her a kiss on her tear stained face, but once I saw she was sad and crying, I wasn't mad, just broken. I went to the door, but only to turn around and say,

"I didn't mean it in that way, I was trying to surrender to you and tell you I was wrong, but you know I'm not good with words. I understand that you need space, but I will need you, and I will see you one way or the other. I love you." And with that I left, it hurt to leave, it hurt even more to hear her break into a sob when the door closed. I wanted so bad to turn back around and comfort her but I need to learn to give her space.

I went back to my house in Oklahoma and drowned myself in work. The security I needed for Grace was set up and will start tonight, they stay for two days and will switch at 11:30 at night. Tonight's Thursday night, and I got to go to the club to get it ready for Friday night.