Chapter Eleven

Grace point of view

"Grace, please come join me on the stage." My body stays frozen to the spot where I sit with shock, maybe not even that, maybe paralyzed. I can't seem to move as people obviously know what is about to happen as they have their cameras out and pointed towards me.

I get distracted out of my thoughts when Marissa nudges me. I make my way slowly to the stage and I feel a little awkward because everyone is staring at me and smiling.

"Grace, you are my world, that about sums it up all of my feelings in one sentence. Ever since we known each other I wanted you to be happy when we were younger I let you boss me around and make me do crazy things because I loved you since forever but those thoughts soon turned intimate, I started to want to hold you and kiss you and hold your hand," I was on stage by now and he was holding my hand, looking into my eyes with love and desire. I couldn't care about what others were doing, saying, or even witnessing, it was just me and him.

"... I wanted you to be mine, ever since the age of 12 and that seems young, and I didn't know what love was at the time, but I do now, and I love you. I am willing to do anything that makes you happy plus more, I will take a bullet for you, I would take your pain from you if I could. If you told me to jump off a cliff I would do it, for you."

As I start to tear up I see the reason as of why they put waterproof mascara on. I felt an onset of panic set on as it felt as if he was proposing, he can't, he wasn't allowed to, I am only 19, I want to be at least 22 or maybe 23. He knows this.

"My love goes beyond what you would think. And you are probably thinking that I am proposing to you but I am not you said you wanted to be at least 23. I am just asking for your promise, to be mine forever and ever, and to love me forever and ever. I promise to love you through anything and everything and I just need your acceptance. Your promise. Your love. Then maybe I can sleep at night."

I stared at him for a while, how could he put this pressure on me like this. He knows I don't break promises and he knows I love him beyond belief. I stare at him for another minute or so. The whole house is quiet you could hear everyone's heartbeat. I was scaring him by not replying and scaring myself as I couldn't speak, I gave him my best smile, and he instantly relaxes.

"I promise Mason, but you didn't have to..." I was cut off by his lips slamming into mine in a warm passionate kiss, he dropped the mic on the floor, and everyone was cheering and clapping and this time I didn't pull away. We must have been kissing for a while as the music restarted and some were back to socializing. I pulled away and he groaned not liking the distance between us as we were now separated. He then placed a ring on my ring finger that says always and forever in the inside of the ring, and it is in the shape of a Queen crown. He has a matching one in the shape of a crown.

"You have no idea on what you do to me, Grace." He told me while grabbing my cheeks and bringing our foreheads together. I giggled at this soft side of Mason, and I was surprised he let this side be shown to half of these people. I was confused on why he would do such a thing in front of a crowd, throw a party just to announce his love, make people come to such an event, it seemed excessive, and like another way, for him to flaunt his money.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was around 2 in the morning and everyone finally decided to leave. I told Mason and the girls I was going to take a shower and then I was going to go to the girls' room so we could hang out for a while.

Once in the bathroom I jumped, silently screamed, punched and kicked the air because I was over the moon happy. I looked at the ring once more and I promised myself I would never take it off in anger or madness. He meant too much to me, if something were to happen to him, I don't think I would make it, with the simple though I felt small and like I was falling in a dark hole, I wouldn't let him leave me.